Guest viewing is limited

New cabin sole E-38...

Ralph Hewitt

Member III
Rotten and black mold. Great GRID system all clean and dry bilge. Then today after tropical wind driven 3 inches of rain last 24 hours. Water through out the full grid. Coming from below V-birth too? Maybe anchor well?
Not from mast boot down sides of cabin. Help

Attachments

• Where did my floor go_.jpeg
    Where did my floor go_.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Ralph Swabbing up.jpeg
    Ralph Swabbing up.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 52
  • The old floor on the dock.jpeg
    The old floor on the dock.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 52

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
As you know, a lot of water can come down the inside of the mast into the bilge. Gallons of it.

Seems to me that small leaks from deck fittings and such wouldn't explain big volume of water. (The bilge water is confined to the TAFG sections connected by limber holes, right?)

Sometimes in a deluge the cockpit lazarette drain channels can be overwhelmed, but that would leave evidence of wet in that locker.

One source of massive water might be the chain locker pan itself. If split, it would pour unseen directly into the bow compartments and then drain through limber holes to the main bilge. Or the drain hose might have fallen off the tube in the stem, and be draining directly into the boat instead of out through the stem.

If it were me, I'd find a dock hose and blast every fitting or suspected source of intake. Even hidden leaks, as from the deck fittings or disconnected chain locker hose, would have to reveal themselves under such a fire-hose attack.

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
A driving rain from the stern can put a lot if water in the cowl vents, which usually drips out of cracks in the corrugated ventilation hoses. Ends up as water in the bilge.

Ralph Hewitt

Member III
A driving rain from the stern can put a lot if water in the cowl vents, which usually drips out of cracks in the corrugated ventilation hoses. Ends up as water in the bilge.
She is on a mooring buoy and always facing wind...cowls facing back. Thanks

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
She is on a mooring buoy and always facing wind...cowls facing back. Thanks
Well, then check all the cockpit scupper hoses and connections. The cockpit would have collected and drained a lot of water during a 3" rainfall. Likewise for the chain locker and drain.