• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New Ericson 26 owner

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Greetings. I've been mostly a lurker on this site for several months while hunting for my next boat. Last Sunday I purchased a 1984 Ericson 26. I currently have the boat in Dana Point, CA but will be moving it up to my old haunt in San Pedro, CA (Holiday Harbor, Berth 34) around the first week of September.

My previous boat was a 1987 Catalina 30 MK-II. Although I liked that boat quite a bit, I decided that it was more boat than I needed, seeing as how I single hand about 90% of the time. Plus, I'm able to shave off some expense with the smaller boat in terms of slip fees and certain maintenance items. I think this boat is going to be the perfect size for me. I greatly prefer tiller steering and the all-teak interior is very elegant.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself as a new Ericson owner. Also, many thanks to Don in King Harbor, whom I met through this site. He graciously took me for a sail on his E26 back in April and that was very helpful in making my decision to continue pursuing that boat. (An E27 was on my short list as well.)

Thanks,
Alan Gomes

SurabyaKid

Member III
Welcome,There are a few of us who have the smaller Ericsons and post regularly. I hope you come to enjoy yours as much as we do. Practical Sailer did a review of the 25 and 26 and were very complimentary.Pat

Sven

Seglare
Welcome to Ericson ownership !

We had so much fun and enjoyment out of La Petite (E23-mkII) that we still regret giving her away.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better group of boat people than you have here so take advantage of it and ask away :egrin:

-Sven