• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New member introduction

Chris Mc.

Member III
Hello Ericsonites. Having just recently joined the forum and after purchasing a beautiful and clean 1987 32-3 a month and half ago, I am looking forward to this new adventure.
I’ve been told a lot of sailors are pilots and a lot of pilots are sailors so, I fall into the pilot/sailor category. I’ve been flying for years and sailing for about three months. Completed two ASA courses and immediately fell in love with sailing.
Anyhow, I float out of Herrington North on the Chesapeake, my name is Chris, and I can’t wait to get off the hard and back in the water come Spring.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Welcome to the fold, Chris. This website is a great resource for Ericson owners and sailors in general.

Craig

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Welcome! You picked the right Ericson. When you get a chance, fill out your signature block like footrope's so we will always know model, engine, etc. when answering questions.

Milagros

Member II
Welcome! I grew up sailing the North Bay and my folks still have a boat on the Bohemia River. Enjoy!

1911tex

Sustaining Member
You are doing everything right starting off with ASA courses! Smart, as is applicable for aircraft as well as sailboats... Bernoulli's principle!

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Welcome aboard Chris ! Put up some pics of your new boat when you get a chance, love to see it !

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Hello Ericsonites. Having just recently joined the forum and after purchasing a beautiful and clean 1987 32-3 a month and half ago, I am looking forward to this new adventure.
I’ve been told a lot of sailors are pilots and a lot of pilots are sailors so, I fall into the pilot/sailor category. I’ve been flying for years and sailing for about three months. Completed two ASA courses and immediately fell in love with sailing.
Anyhow, I float out of Herrington North on the Chesapeake, my name is Chris, and I can’t wait to get off the hard and back in the water come Spring.
Welcome DT! I too sail a E32-3 (1987 - Hull #722) out for Port Annapolis Marina on Back Creek. So next year if you get down towards Annapolis let me know and welcome to this web site. It's a wealth of information and experience all wrapped into one.

Chris Mc.

Member III
Thanks to all for the welcome and I’m glad to have discovered this wealth of friendly information. It’s been years since I’ve participated in a forum and am working on getting acclimated, so bear with me.

Filkee- thank you for the heads up on the signature block.

Bolo- Roger that! I’ll be on the water a lot this coming season and looking forward to meeting some fellow enthusiasts.

Attachments

• B5CF725E-6C7A-4361-B09D-101A7A46C7F9.jpeg
    B5CF725E-6C7A-4361-B09D-101A7A46C7F9.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 33

Navman

Member III
Welcome to the group. Go to the Chesapeake Bay forum and state your information. We have put together a Chesapeake Bay Ericson Owners club. We were doing meetings in Annapolis once a month until Covid hit. Mostly meeting with beers and discussing topics all were interested in or had information about.There is a lot of Ericson knowledge floating around out there. A few of us have been able to arrange raft ups and on the water visits. Lots of information available about the bay and overnight cruising destinations. We have also been doing some virtual Zoom meetings which help us stay together as a loose knit community. Get your information to ,Marksouleman and he will be sure you are included on the list!!

steven

Sustaining Member
welcome. Very nice to have a new member.
Nice looking boat.

We have an E35-2 on the Severn. Hope to see you on the Bay this spring.

--Steve

Welcome to this amazing site, and to owning an Ericson! We sail our 1971 E35-2, "Eydis" out of Middle River, but we frequently get down below the Bay Bridge. Hope to see you out there!