New parts for traveler

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The E38, mine at least, has Ronstan traveler and gear. If you happen to have Ronstan, upgrades are possible for not much money.

I had my existing track re-anodized black, and like Bob's it was a bear to get off.

By the way, on Ericsons with an aluminum channel designed to bear the track--if you have the channel only the Ronstan car will fit, simply because the newer car designs are too wide, although otherwise track compatibility is actually OK.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
caution would be advised.

This, plus... if that's a photo of the actual unit, it looks like the car would only be able to move maybe 8-9 inches either side of centerline? The design of the end-caps is a very poor use of track length...

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Unknown vendor. The car looks like a knock off of a late 80's Harken. Not disqualifying, but caution would be advised.
If you want proven quality and want to pay less than Harken, why not go with Garhauer??
If you need to have the track bent to match the curve of the cabin top, which is what I need and what Harken is doing for me, Garhauer no longer bends tracks for their customers. I got this first hand when I called them when I was considering using a Garhauer system.

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
A little off topic but does anyone know if Garhauer was sold or under "new management" or ? As of late they have been less than helpful then in the past.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Guido Gargiulo died in January, from Covid as I recall reading. He was a founder (the "Gar" in Garhauer) and also head of customer service. Many of us talked to him on the phone. That has to hurt. I couldn't find a proper obituary to post.

Last edited:

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Ahhh, I did not know that. I spoke to him about a fix for my vang last year. Well I'm sure that has something to do with what's going on. Thanks for the update, RIP Guido.