Guest viewing is limited

Oberdorfer Impeller

Stu Jackson

C34IA Secretary
But I really had a hard time reinstalling the snap ring, I have no idea how this can be done on the water in an emergency situation.

It would be a real bear to do.

I posted the inside of the engine picture on the C34 Rebuild topic.

http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,6766.msg45766.html#msg45766

At the risk of repeating myself, you need to find out whether your shaft is male or female. If it's male, you do NOT need to go through the contortions of trying to replace your impeller with the shaft still in the pump.

The BEST time to do this is when you're contemplating replacing or rebuilding the pump, see my comments in an earlier reply.

Last edited:

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Another hint

It's likely that if you can get the shaft back in and the cover fully on without a problem, then the shaft and the part behind it are OK. The other way to tell that the pieces are in alignment is that the shaft doesn't turn once it's pushed back in to place, except for a little rotational play. You can do that test with the impeller off the shaft before you go to all the trouble to put the snap-ring back on. How'd it go with the paper gasket?

Cheers,
Craig

pvajko

Member I
N202-m15

I just checked Stu's post, I have the N202-M15 with the o-ring, so it must have the male end.

Good idea footrope, I tried that, it did not move, I even released the compression lever and turned the engine a little by hand and saw the pump shaft rotating so it should be ok.

Thanks for your help, this is really a great forum.