plastic shower curtin

e38sailorman

Member II
Anybody know where to buy the plastic shower curtin in an e38. They have the small plastic tabs along the top that go in the track, mine is pretty shot.

Marc
E38 WaveWalker
Gig Harbor Wa

u079721

Contributing Partner
I don't think you're ever going to find one for sale. We just made our own from a full size shower curtain by cutting it down, sewing the seams, installing a new snap, and sewing the old tabs to the new curtain along the top. A fair amount of work to be sure, but we gave up looking and decided it was quicker to just make one.

vbenn

Member III
e38 shower curtain

I still have mine - - not sure the plastic tabs are in place. Very good condition. Call me at 267-799-6545.

Vince Benn

Dan Morehouse

Member III
Marc,

I have also sewed the plastic track slugs to a new curtain...twice. I just buy a regular shower stall curtain, cut and seam it to fit the opening (the inboard side has to be a little longer than the outboard side, since the track is fastened to the overhead which has a camber up toward center of the cabin), and then sew the slugs into the top of the new curtain. No big deal if you have a sewing machine, and if you don't, it's pretty straightforward for a friend who has a sewing machine. If the ones available in the above posts don't work out, it's kinda fun to pick your own curtain & modify it to fit.

Dan Morehouse
1981 E-38 "Next Exit"