Please Help Max

rgraham

Member II
Please help Max get the surgery he needs for his back foot, which was damaged in a trap. Max is a senior’s companion who provides this elderly man a lot of comfort, but his owner doesn’t have the financial resources to pay for the surgery. The cost for his surgery is estimated to be a $1000 and so far I have contributed a $100, so we are a 10th of the way there. Any contribution would be greatly appreciated and any excess funds collected will go towards helping other senior’s companions in similar circumstances. Please pass this on to anyone you think can help. Because I don’t know of any other way to receive funds for Max I have put this as item number 190277441203 (so just search for this number) on ebay (as a gift certificate for $1 at a quantity of 900 so we can reach the $1000) so you can use paypal to donate.

Thank You,
Robert C. Graham

Attachments

• Max.jpg
    Max.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 49

noproblemo2

Member III
Robert, how about a direct link to the veteranarian for the more cautious donors who would like to contribute to his medical procedure costs, also what about follow-up care costs? Also has anyone spoken to the vet about possible hardship discounts? Many vets will try to help with costs, I know for a fact as we have 2 dogs 1 with epilepsy and very high med bills which are discounted, and 3 cats. Just some thoughts.:egrin:

rgraham

Member II
Here is the info I have

Below is the email I got from the lady who owns the place where I board my dog. Her name is Cathy Oakley and her email is crickman@charter.net, so I stopped by and gave her $100 for Max and then thought I might be able to help as well so I did the ebay thing.

So any extra money that gets donated is going to be setup for seniors in similar circumstances.

I hope this helps explain things... as of now the ebay item has raised $2

Robert C. Graham

Hello everyone....I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and
looking forward to a Happy New Year. I have an urgernt message to pass on and
hope that there is help out there for a sweet injured dog. About two days ago,
l local elderly man came into the Kennel thinking that we were a Vet Clinic.
When I tried to refer him to a local vet in Athens, he told me that he has just
come from there and was unable to use them because he couldn't afford the
treatment. Unknowningly to him, his dog has been injured (possibley and animal
trap) and half of his hind foot has been cut off. This man dearly cares for his
dog but is aging and currently on disability. I could see the destress in his
face as he told me "I am so sad because my dog is suffering and I don't
know what to do". I called the Vet in athens (Mainly to confirm his story)
and convenienced them to donate some pain meds and I paided for the anitbiotics
for "Max". After the gentleman left, I spoke again with the vet.
Truthfully, the only option for Max is surgery. The bones are openly exposed.
I know this is so painful. I have contacted a German Shepherd rescue group and
they are trying to raise some of the funds. There is still much more needed. I
have also convenienced the Vet to go on and schedule Max for surgery on Mon.
Jan. 5 (knowing that we are doing a fund raiser). We need a total of $1000 for
Max's surgery. Donations can be made through Bark Avenue Pet Resort or Town
and Country Animal Hospital in Athens. Please pass this on to all of your
animal loving friends. Time is running out and I know this sweet dog has
suffered enough.
Thank you so much...
Cathy Oakley
Bark Avenue Pet Resort
256-233-4343
Town and Country Animal Hospital
256-232-6898

Last edited:

rgraham

Member II
email from Cathy

Hey Robert, I do so appreciate all that you are doing. I think this is a wonderful idea. I got a call from Jennifer with Noahs Ark Rescue and she would like you to add a link to her Rescue in hopes that it will insure people that it is an honest fund raiser. She is going to post pics (hopefully by this afternoon) of Max and Lady. She wants to raise $1500 so we can get Lady done too and also get these dogs heart worm tested and all their shots. She will help with any balance we need in the end. I also recieved an email from a rescue group in central alabama and one person is sending a $100 check and another is sending a check but didn't say how much. Once the surgery is done, Noah's Ark will pay the balance due, after that, any donations that come in late, we will send them on to Noah's Ark. Look at their web site but have your tissue ready, it is really a heart breaker. The lady in charge is Jennifer Smith. www.Noahs-Arks.net
Thank you so much....
Cathy

rgraham

Member II
Here is an email I got today, it blew me away

Hello, I am writing to you because of Max and Lady. I was out just browsing in e-bay when I saw Max and your auction. I was saddened by the thought of these two animals condition and I asked myself what can I do. I live in a community of people that are either disabled or on SSI and today at our coffee hour I mentioned Max. Well the dollar bills started comming my way because each of us here knows what it is like to need help finacially. I'm collecting in my community so we all have a sence of helping. I even had one person give me the change from his pocket because he didn't have much money to give be he wanted to help! I know what it is to receive help at times when I thought that there was no help. I'm diabetic and lost the use of my kidneys a year ago and had to reach out for help myself. But this isn't about me its about Max. I do not have paypal so I will need a name and address to send a money order. I will be sending a MO by next week end. Prayers to all! Michael...

We are up to $128.

Thanks Everyone!