pressure water

Lawdog

Member III
I recently reconnected my pressure water system (E38), and water heater, and the pump runs continuously, but no water, but the foot pump works fine. Any suggestions on where to look for the problem? All the hoses are tight. Does the water heater need to be full?

Neal

oceandreams89

Member II
Goodmorning Neal,

The pump will run until the water heater is full, at which time the pressure will build up to pump switch pressure and shut off. After you fill the tanks and turn on your pressure water switch open a tap and lest it run to get the air out of the lines. Once the water comes out steady shut the tap and the pressure should build. Also be sure that your selector valves are set to the tank that has water and that you want to draw from.

Failing these simple things you could have a leak somewhere or a bad pressure switch on the pump which is easy to replace, or possibly a bad pump diaphram, also easy to replace. Also, be sure that you connected the lines correctly to the hot water heater supply side and exit side.

Good luck,
Todd

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
I find that if there is significant air in the system (like an empty water heater), the pump has a hard time priming. I have even resorted to unscrewing the inlet hose from the pump and sucking on it (always trying to avoid that initial slug of slime that seems to accumulate over the winter). Maybe if I winterized with vodka, as some have recommended, this would be something to look forward to.