• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

propane tank size

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I only talked to Expo Propane at LAX, who said they don't recertify "anymore." I figured nobody would, for a tank as old as mine--doesn't mean recertification isn't available to others.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Just checked my newly-inherited Worthingtons - haven't been recertified since they were new in 1999. Wonder where they've been getting fills?

FWIW, the only place in northern Oregon that hydro-tests tanks any more is a fire-protection company. They do loads of fire extinguishers day in and day out. Also did my scuba tanks and lab gas tanks. IDK if they do propane tanks, but why not?

Mr. Scarlett

Member III
Went through this when we bought our boat last year. After being turned away at a nation wide outlet for an out of date tank, but wanting to go on a 3-4 day cruise I went to a small, independent family owned/operated station. Some kid who didn't even look just topped off the tank.
After returning, I want to a place that only does propane. They turned it around before the next weekend.

Navman

Member III
I put an 11 pounder in my E-38. Fits perfectly. 11 lb gets you a 9.5lb tare weight. They cannot fill the take above tare weight because they have to allow for expansion.