Propeller Strut Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Upchurch

Member II
My Bottom cleaning service saw a crack in my propeller strut last week, so I had my 1971 35 II Hauled this morning in Redondo Beach. The Strut is not reparable and I need a replacement ASAP. I don't want to have a new one made if I don't have to. ( money & time) I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

My cell phone number is 310 600-4958

Sven

Seglare
I'd give Tony Avila at Marina Shipyard (Los Alamitos) a call to see what he might suggest. Their work was technically very good, on time and under budget when we hauled Senta a couple of months ago. Their housekeeping was awful and she was returned absolutely filthy, but the work was very good.

We discussed a new strut for Senta at the time but didn't have the extra $s to do it.

mshydar@aol.com is their e-mail.

Dawn runs the office and is at 562-594-0995, she'll probably tell you his number which I don't seem to have.

Sorry about your problem.

-Sven

unequaltee

Member II
Hi Bill, I have a prop strut sitting in the workshop I removed from my 1972 35-2 when I relocated the Engine. If yours has the engine under the seat this could be good news:). The bad news is I am in the Uk! :mad: I have no idea if shipping costs or timescale would make this a viable option. Let me know is it of interest.
Ian

Bill Upchurch

Member II
Sven,

I called Marina Shipyard and talked to Victor, the man in charge of inventory and special orders. He gave me the name of Marine Hardware in the State of Washington (800 526-5971) and said they may be able to help. I talked to Marine Hardware---no luck.

Thanks Sven.

Bill

Bill Upchurch

Member II
Ian,

If you were in California, I would be at your doorstep instead of typing this reply. I'm afraid you're correct about shipping and timing so my shipwright and I will keep looking for a couple more hours and then he is going to fabricate a device. He has successfully created one in the past on his own 72 foot Schooner.
Thanks for responding.
Bill

Just in case my guys creation doesn't work, how much are you asking for your Strut?

unequaltee

Member II
Not looking for much, just happy that it gets used rather than ending up in the scrap bin.
A quick look at Fedex looks like shipping would be arround 100USD for their fastest service from Truro Cornwall UK post code TR14 9NR to LA

Bill Upchurch

Member II
Strut

Thanks Sven and Ian--- The individual that does most of the work on my boat fabricated a strut. We re-launched the boat in Redondo Beach yesterday and it is now back in its slip in San Pedro.
Hope I'm good for another 40 years.
Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.