• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Plumbing, Sanitation PureAyre Odor Eliminator

All equipment relating to sanitation systems. From head to holding tank to pump and macerator.

mordust

Member II
I have used this PureAyre (marine formula) stuff to eliminate some pretty strong head odors in the past. It worked surprisingly well! it also works well if you have some trash related odors on board.
I have spoken with Rico in the past and more recently with Alice. Both are extremely helpful.
thepureayrestore.com

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I've used this stuff many years ago in and around the head and it worked well but in the end it was masking the bigger problem in the head, mainly the hose to the waste tank that needed to be replaced. Not a pleasant job but a necessary one that eliminated most of the odor. Later I replaced the aging and rebuilt Raritan pump lever style head with a new JABSCO Twist 'N Lock that removed even more odors. Now if there is some smell in the head from just simple use (not to be gross about this but urine is the biggest culprit IMO) a simple cleaning with a toilet brush, detergent and water solves the problem and cleaning the bowl is one of the last things I do when leaving the boat of an extended period.

mordust

Member II
You are absolutely right, Bob. I will probably tackle that problem next spring. But until then this stuff has worked better than any of the other things I tried over the years, and lasts a decent amount of time.
BTW. I don’t think I am exactly looking forward to that project. Pretty sure everything in there is original.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
You are absolutely right, Bob. I will probably tackle that problem next spring. But until then this stuff has worked better than any of the other things I tried over the years, and lasts a decent amount of time.
BTW. I don’t think I am exactly looking forward to that project. Pretty sure everything in there is original.
When I first bought my boat about 16 years ago replacing the waste tank and all of the hoses was on the surveyor’s list of things to be done right away. Years later I replaced the toilet after two rebuilds which didn’t solve that problem. During the process I also removed the “Y” valve and all of the associated hoses and blocked off the two through hull valves that were used to pump waste from the tank or directly from head overboard because no dumping is allowed into the Chesapeake Bay where I sail. I left the valves in place just in case I or a future owner want to redo it all to allow for off shore dumping. I also installed a tank monitor during this refit. It was a very stinky job but I was sort of prepared for that especially since I had been the father of two young children. Only if you‘re a dad, or mom, will you understand that statement. :)

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
We just started using PureAyre on the boat and it's been great at eliminating musty and diesel smells. I've used it around the house and even on my hockey gear (probably the biggest test). The funny thing is Rico is a friend of my wife's family and he's been telling me about it for years. He sent us a gallon of it a few months ago and we've been using it ever since. I'll pass along the positive review to Rico! He is a great guy.