radio/c/d install...

rhewitt

Member II
My Sea Scout group has talked me into putting a radio/cd player in the E34. "No Bad Days" but where to put in and mount it seems to be a stumper.
Lots of items where added by po and can not find a slot or place it would fit and do well. Please tell or send pictures too of where yours might be. Yes, we can run wire and put the speakers in the cut outs on the center bulkhead, but can not find where the radio was or should be.
Thanks,

SurabyaKid

Member III
I used the old Loran mounting bracket that was already installed. The case is a West Marine generic to house a Sony AM/FM/CD/MP3 player. I ran the speaker wires through the headliner for cabin & cockpit speakers as well as mounting the external antenna in the headliner. The radio has a remote that I am able to use from the cockpit, but reaching in to make a change is pretty easy in this location as well.

Pat

Attachments

• Radio Mount.jpg
    Radio Mount.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 38

eknebel

Member III
mini plug input

With the explosion in popularity of ipods, etc, that use the standard mini plug headphone jack (3.5mm), you should consider a deck that has a mini plug input, or has a rca jack input(which you can get an adaptor to mini plug. Then you can plug in a wide variety of devices, ipods, laptops for dvds, etc.
I ran an additional mini plug cable out to the cockpit, and plug the ipod in there(in a waterproof case). I then have full control from the cockpit, and switch cables when I want to use it down below.

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
On my E-34 the stereo is on the instrument panel, which is a no brainer IF you have the room. My speakers are on the forward ends of the shelves over the settees.

On my son's E-333 (E-32-200, similar layout to your E-34) it is on the port shelf above the settee. The speakers are at either end of the settee.

Sorry about the fuzzy pic of my son's boat.

Attachments

• En Douce 052 (Medium).jpg
    En Douce 052 (Medium).jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 29

cawinter

Member III
Stereo

Ralph,

My stereo sits in a little teak box in the aft-most stbd cubby just fwd of the nav station. I can close the sliding door (new tracks :), and I still have room for other things on top of the little box. My nav station is packed with the C80 and all the other goodies.

kevin81

Member II
I mounted mine above the starboard ice box. I first added slots for CD's but now have a direct connect for the Ipod -no more CD's.

Kevin
1989 E34

Attachments

• Stereo CD.JPG
    Stereo CD.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 26