Rudders and E 30+ vs E28+

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Missing Rendezvous !! I need a Rudder for my Ericson 30+ Broken and bent during haul out, Insurance job, but it takes 4-6 weeks to manufacture, mainly because of the waiting list, does anyone have any ideas?? have lovingly cared for this boat for the last 18 years. lots of up grades.

Chas and Judy sv-eden@telus.net 1 250 478 3668

Good news rudder restored thanks to an out fit call Rudders in Idaho, they make nothing but rudders and tillers for any boat Installed by Bates Marine all work completed in less than a month. This rudder is thinner, longer and made with a new composite and is stronger. reverse is now more controlled. Need a rudder? call Ruddercraft 866 400 2204 Richard Warren or go to www. ruddercraft.com

As an extra thought the E 30+ and the E28+:egrin: are two different boats except for some equipment offerings. Check the plans, my cruising buddy has an E-28 Hilda Harris we have been cruising in tandum for over 17 years I have picture that show they are different, in the water and out! sincerely yours Chas and Judi

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Chas,
yes, we did miss you at the rendezvous this year! I'm glad you got your rudder repaired.
Can you let us know how much it cost to get the new rudder, as some of us may face this at some point.
Thanks,
Frank

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Cost of rudder

Hi Chas,
yes, we did miss you at the rendezvous this year! I'm glad you got your rudder repaired.
Can you let us know how much it cost to get the new rudder, as some of us may face this at some point.
Thanks,
Frank
Total costs less $500 deductable including haul out , installation , was just over $3300,

PS Judi and I in the accompany of HildaHarris E28. have just returned fro a three week cruise of our beautiful Gulf Islands, got some great photos. John and Lynne again where great cruising mates. These two boats although different cruise wel together. The highlight was the Chemainus theatre, where the warfinger Harman was his cheerful self, clean washrooms and showers .A fantastic sail from Montigue Harbour .
.Footloose the musical, excellent, and the food great!

Chas and Judi E30+ "EDEN"

was the:egrin:

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Sounds like a lovely trip! The Chemainus theatre is very good and cruising our Gulf Islands is world class. :)
Frank