• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Sad Looking E35

gkjtexoma

Member II
It really was sad to see such a great boat in a late stage of degradation. I don't know any details but I think the marina is dismantling this fine craft. The companionway hatch has been continuosly open through rain events. Sighted at Cedar Mills Marina on Lake Texoma near Gordonville, Texas. Anyone interested or needing parts might try contacting Randy at the main number fo Cedar Mills Resort.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 68
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 67

kapnkd

kapnkd
That is sad. It's not a 35, looks to be a 34T.
Hi Martin,

Regardless of which Ericson design, model or year...it is truly a heavy heartbreak to see ANY Ericson’s neglect, ruin or ultimate ending of complete demise.

In the now, very close to 50 years of continued, ownership of my ‘73 E32-II...I feel more than ever it is an entrusted responsibility to me of preserving a truly great design that yet today honestly still looks beautiful, performs well as a comfortable cruiser AND even does amazingly well on winning on the race course!

Note that my prejudices actually come with some measure of real credibility. My professional career was as a transportation [automotive] designer, so I AM indeed VERY sensitive and aware to the principles of design, form and function.

Over these many years, your dad’s designs have proven to be the best of the best! ...Especially his later large custom yachts yet including the BEAUTIFUL traditional looking design of his little “Frog Princess” for himself and family. (below)

I (most likely ALL of us) feel our Ericson’s designed by your dad are on a easy par with the greatest of notable designers such as Sparkman & Stevens, Herreshoff - not to mention ALL of his notable and worthy contemporary peers in his day.

Be and feel VERY VERY proud as your dad is indeed... THE “KING” of Yacht Designers!!!

Attachments

• D68834E7-57B8-4489-A2CE-ADB13B16E8DB.jpeg
    D68834E7-57B8-4489-A2CE-ADB13B16E8DB.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 24
  • FC1A212A-E019-4151-AB60-F5EF3F142CCB.jpeg
    FC1A212A-E019-4151-AB60-F5EF3F142CCB.jpeg
    267.2 KB · Views: 24