• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Source for gasket for fixed portlights?

peaman

Sustaining Member
I need to replace the gasket which holds the glass within the frame of the four trapezoidal fixed portlights. Where can I source the right type?

Attachments

• IMG_3943.JPG
    IMG_3943.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 20

SpudE36RH

Member I
I need to replace the gasket which holds the glass within the frame of the four trapezoidal fixed portlights. Where can I source the right type?
Watching, i broke one port glass trying to get frame off. When I check with Holland Marine in Port Credit Ontario I Can let you know.Might be similar to Catalina.

Attachments

• IMG-20220513-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20220513-WA0010.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 6

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Try this Blog entry from Goldenstate, with good links within:

Especially:

We also have a Master Thread on Fixed Window Replacement.

Last edited:

Stuart 28-2

Member II
I used this kit from Catalina Direct on my E27.

I bought the same kit to use for my 1988 E28-2. Now that it has arrived I can see the gasket is not the same dimensional cross section as my original seals. Did you have a similar difference? Did it still work?
See photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20220602_034307837.jpg
    IMG_20220602_034307837.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 7

Parrothead

Member III
CR Laurence glazing vinyl comes in a wide variety of sizes. It's available from DK Hardware but expect a 100 ft. minimum order quantity.

peaman

Sustaining Member
CR Laurence glazing vinyl comes in a wide variety of sizes. It's available from DK Hardware but expect a 100 ft. minimum order quantity.

I think the GS111C extrusion might match the one in my image at the top of this thread. While 100 ft is about 4 times what I need, $61 to get the fixed port lights in order is not a bad price.