• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Summer moorage questions

sunsandseeker

Hi Group
Brand new on this site. I have an 85 Ericson 26 on a trailer in my pole barn in Idaho that I've sailed on San Fransisco Bay, San Diego to Oceanside and last summer on Coeur d Alene lake. I'd like to trailer to the sound area for this next summer, thinking Anacort, Bellingham, La Conner etc. preferably within walking distance to town.
Any recommendations greatly appreciated! Also once in a slip I have a double axel trailer with new bearings and tires available to rent at a fair price.
Any thoughts much appreciated.

Bill McKay
sydutchess@yahoo.comm

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Lots of good choices

All nice places for sure, but do not rule out Port Angeles. Nice facility, short walk to downtown area for all services, a friendly local yacht club, and... it's a short sail across the Straits to Victoria BC. Fine sailing there, even the huge area inside Ediz Hook.

Loren

sunsandseeker

Summer moorage

All nice places for sure, but do not rule out Port Angeles. Nice facility, short walk to downtown area for all services, a friendly local yacht club, and... it's a short sail across the Straits to Victoria BC. Fine sailing there, even the huge area inside Ediz Hook.

Loren
Loren
thanks for getting back to me. I think I'll need something closer as I'll be commuting from Coeur d Alene.
This will be a summer home for my mother in law who has sailed about all her adult life so want a place close to stores without much traffic to contend with.
So prefer Everett, La Conner, Anacortes or maybe even Bellingham.
It seems like moorage for 26' boats might be readily available, do you find that to be the case? Noticed you are in Portand, I lived on a 1987 Hunter 35 at Tomahawk from 1988-1994 and sold boats with Glen Johnson at Sailboats of Oregon. Then headed to the Carribean for the next 17 years.
Again thanks and cheers
Bill McKay

Mike Davis

Member I
Summer Morage

Hi Group
Brand new on this site. I have an 85 Ericson 26 on a trailer in my pole barn in Idaho that I've sailed on San Fransisco Bay, San Diego to Oceanside and last summer on Coeur d Alene lake. I'd like to trailer to the sound area for this next summer, thinking Anacort, Bellingham, La Conner etc. preferably within walking distance to town.
Any recommendations greatly appreciated! Also once in a slip I have a double axel trailer with new bearings and tires available to rent at a fair price.
Any thoughts much appreciated.

Bill McKay
sydutchess@yahoo.comm
Hi Bill
Blaine,Bellingham and Anacortes are located downtown and close to good sailing. La Conner is certainly worth a visit but is a further distance to sailing as you have to contend with the river or canal, also the current can make docking there fun. Point Roberts might be good too and is close to both the San Jauns and the Gulf Isands.
Mike
E 28+ Ruckus

sunsandseeker

Summer moorage

Hi Bill
Blaine,Bellingham and Anacortes are located downtown and close to good sailing. La Conner is certainly worth a visit but is a further distance to sailing as you have to contend with the river or canal, also the current can make docking there fun. Point Roberts might be good too and is close to both the San Jauns and the Gulf Isands.
Mike
E 28+ Ruckus

thanks Mike
Come about April we'm tour all those towns and I'll let me mother in law decide. Is it safe to assume moorage @ 26' won't be too hard to find?
Bill

Mike Davis

Member I
Summer Morage

thanks Mike
Come about April we'm tour all those towns and I'll let me mother in law decide. Is it safe to assume moorage @ 26' won't be too hard to find?
Bill
Hi Bill
It was pretty easy when I had Ruckus in Blaine. I've been on Saturna Island for the last 3 years so I'm not really up to date. However a couple of phone calls would give you the latest.
Mike

Mike Davis

Member I
Summer Morage

thanks Mike
Bill
Hi Bill
In theory there should be lots of empty slips as so many of us will be out sailing. My slip will be empty from mid April to mid Sept but being in the Islands would add greatly to your commute.
Mike

Shelman

Member III
Blogs Author
Small world Seeker, I'll be passing right by you with my own E26 on a trailer on my way from the PNW to Florida next month.