• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

TAFG pictures?

jmcelwee

Member I
Does anyone have any images or pictures of the TAFG (preferably, in a 1980's vintage boat, either 28+ or 30+)?

I want to get some idea of what I'm dealing with under the sole when trying to rid it of bilge water....

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Try looking in the Downloads section at some of the original boat brochures; I think there was a picture or drawing of the TAFG in one of them. IIRC the TAFG was introduced in the 30+ in the mid 80's and was partial rather the full coverage of later models.

upnorthfrank

Member II
I think I have a pic or two of portions of TAFG on our '83 E38, I'll do some digging here. Internet is slowwww right now.....

upnorthfrank

Member II
Well here's all I can come up with. I have some more complete pics on my phone but I can't download em here no connection & my phone is rather old...

One is of the area near the shower pan where p.o. in a rage of creativity cut it out. This maybe the most daunting of all the many tasks on her, I'm gonna have to do some fabricating there-

Next one is amidships port side facing aft where the settee goes-

Attachments

• P7030008.jpg
    P7030008.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 65
  • P7030007.jpg
    P7030007.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 65

upnorthfrank

Member II
Yeah the pics are not the best & boat was quite dirty @ the time, but I was surprised at how well TAFG cleaned up, it looks real fresh now, especially considering the condition of the interior when we bought her...

Yeah these boats have a following, I've been offered more than I paid & she's still a mess. Turned them down, she has a family now-

When I get back to her soon I'm gonna put a temporary plywood sole in her, then my workbench & the table saw, tools etc. & turn her into a shop for awhile. Got a nice pile of wood to build her out with-

I'm starting to have this vision of Onamuni & my tools in the slip next to Bless Ed, our C26MKII. Liveaboard one & work on (& out of) the other-

Problem is, the price goes up when she splashes. Might make up for it though, by getting more done if she's sitting there right next to me-

I wanna sail so bad:-(