• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

thump.....

NateHanson

Sustaining Member
Ouch! Knockdown!

Where's that picture from? Great shot! Do you know any details about the circumstances? Looks like some pretty decent waves there, by the looks of that trough.

You can see some guys on the rail getting a nice faceshot. :esad:

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
yea, i fig'ed a few folks might enjoy this one...i think the boat name is "love machine"...i bought the print back around 1982-1985 ... out of one of the sailing mags........its pretty cool.....must have made a decent bang when the wave slapped the port rail......

:clap:

Ouch! Knockdown!

Where's that picture from? Great shot! Do you know any details about the circumstances? Looks like some pretty decent waves there, by the looks of that trough.

You can see some guys on the rail getting a nice faceshot. :esad:

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Love Machine it is

Tanton 42 shot in the 78 or 79 SORC-Ocean Triangle Race IIRC..I remember as we were about a mile behind them on Arete when this shot was taken.

Not getting any younger!

s

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
Nice Seth...thanx for the info !!!! :egrin:

Tanton 42 shot in the 78 or 79 SORC-Ocean Triangle Race IIRC..I remember as we were about a mile behind them on Arete when this shot was taken.

Not getting any younger!

s

marcusn

Member II
knock down?

Looking at the photo, which appears to be taken from a high angle, but probably not straight down, I can't conclusively call this a knock down. Looks to me like the boat might of been close, but would have popped back just after the whollop.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Not a knockdown

Actually this is not a knockdown of any sort-this is simply an aerial shot of Love Machine smashing into one of thousands of similar waves while sailing across the Gulf Stream in typical conditions. The spray you see washing over the boat was something happened probably 2-3 times per minute! I was there that day and remember it pretty well

Pretty comfy crossing, eh? Jib reachng across the Stream in 25-30 knots of breeze..yummy

Cheers,
S