• Untitled Document

Join us on September 27th, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the people you've met online!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

September Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

To stow (spinny & whisker poles), or not to stow...that is the question.

Ahoy from Alameda, CA! For those of us who mostly day sail or weekend aboard our boats, does it make sense to stow the spinnaker and whisker poles when not racing or doing multi-sail drills? My E30+ has both attached port and starboard (which is great!), but they're not actively being used, and the extra deck space for feet would be useful.

Thoughts?

IMG_1808.JPG

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Have a look at the Forespar stanchion-mount models we upgraded to a number of years ago. After too many years I got tired of tripping over the chocks and the pole on deck. These work great! :)

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Port side is 10' cockpit cover. Starboard, whisker pole and dinghy mast. Note the hangers are outboard of stanchion.

The installation frees knee room, and despite appearances, sheets never foul.

1-IMG_5559.JPG

peaman

Sustaining Member
Apparently, I have been living outside of "the loop", having been totally unaware of this production. "Life Aquatic" is the name of one of the regular boats in our Wednesday night races, and only now do I get the meaning of the red cap. Here's hoping I can find this on Roku.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
It is the nautical equivalent of Lebowski, a marvel not perhaps for everybody. It's a sendup, among other things, of Cousteau, who although a boyhood hero turned out to be not exactly what he appeared, as seems to attend the hero-worshipped. Wes Anderson, yeah. His movies are either unexpectedly wonderful ("Rushmore") or unexpectedly unwatchable ("Asteroid City"). But good to have him on the planet.

Apparently, I have been living outside of "the loop", having been totally unaware of this production. "Life Aquatic" is the name of one of the regular boats in our Wednesday night races, and only now do I get the meaning of the red cap. Here's hoping I can find this on Roku.
I'm wearing that watch cap right now, even though it's gorgeous here on Alameda.