• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Today's Excuse to go to the Boat

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I am impressed that you have more than one 'clock' to reset.
Now That's a proper yacht!
:)

Navman

Member III
You know, that's a funny thing now that you mention it. When midnight came I went through the boat looking for a clock to reset and discovered I only have one and it resets automatically with the atomic clock!!! Who knew? Oh well, had a nice afternoon sail, dropped hook in a pretty cove, had dinner, looked at the star filled sky At least I got my internal mental attitude clock reset. ~~_/) ~~

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One clock on LA time, one on Hawaii time. Keeps you thinking properly.

Other excuses to go to the boat, honey:

--I may have left the FM radio tuned to the wrong channel.
--I may not have centered the wheel
--I may have left the cork out of the wine.
--Did you fold the burgee? Well, I'd better go check on that.

Rocinante33

Contributing Partner

--The wind has come up and the halyard may be slappin'
--The canvass might have blown off
--The docklines need to be checked
--I'm not sure I shut the gas off.
--I could've left the battery switch on.
--It rained. Gotta check for leaks/drips/puddles
--Unsavory characters have been hangin' around the docks. Whaadayou mean that was just me?

1911tex

Sustaining Member
It's getting warmer and the fish are 'jumpin ! Gotta check the cockpit for dead smelly fish>>>>>>>

Bolo

Contributing Partner

Christian, I live about 1-3/4 hours away from our boat so any of those excuses, which are good ones, are impractical for me because of the distance. Plus my wife would think I was just plain crazy. But....when there is maintenance work to do on board she'd rather not go. Not because she's lazy (She can scrub the decks with the best of them.) but rather because she's not "mechanically oriented" and so things like changing the engine oil, filters, electrical work, etc. are of no interest to her and she couldn't help anyway. To be honest, I'd rather not have her around so I usually say, "I'm going to the boat next week and am going to spend three days or so doing some maintenance so I'll see you when I get back." She has no problem with it cause who wouldn't want to have a completely maintained boat in good working order to sail on? Now, I also take her out (The boat not my wife) for a "test" sail or motor to ensure everything is in good working order. Sometimes these sails can go on for....hours! But I know I'm preaching to the choir here. Spring has sprung here and I'm be on board this coming Monday with wrench in hand.

Filkee

Sustaining Member
New spring after school ritual: I drop off the kids at the Shelburne launch ramp and head to the Shipyard while they bike or run to me. Gives me about 45 minutes to scrub or sand or puzzle something. Today I drop them at a ski race and get four whole hours.

Chris Mc.

Member III
Finding an excuse to go to the boat hasn’t been a problem. For me; it’s finding an excuse not to go home from the boat. (Grin)