Trucking an Ericson 30+

A and J

Member I
Hi,
Does anyone know of a reputable trucking company. We would like to get quotes to truck a boat from San Francisco to Sidney British Columbia, Canada. We have looked on the internet but would like a referal before we ask for quotes. We may also be able to avoid the "middle man". Thanks,

Jewel

Member II
Trucking and Ericson

:egrin: We just recently moved our E28+ from San Diego to Bellingham, WA. www.dudleyboats.com did the move for us and delivered the boat in mint condition (after a couple of hours scrubbing road grime and removing tape residue). They were right on time on both ends of the move and the price was competitive with the other companies. It was $3000 in Aug. for the move, recent fuel prices may affect the price.

Dan and Julie
E28+ Jewel

Seth

Sustaining Partner
truckers

There are several-Joule is very well known on both coasts, and I have had good luck-they used the ship the E-boats from the factory-you might try a seach under "yacht transport"-Joule will be one of the first. Dudley has a good rep as well.
Cheers,
S

A and J

Member I
Our Ericson 30+ arrived in Sidney BC today via Dudley Trucking (We are very excited). They did a great job and the boat arrived in perfect condition. We had also contacted Joule trucking - they only operate on the east coast. Thanks for your advice.

Andy and Jackie :egrin:

Guy Stevens

Anderson out of Canada did a wonderful job for us, and even kept the slightly sleezy yard wich we were forced to haul out of in VA honest. :) Would use them again in a heartbeat, and if they can haul my 46, I don't think your 30 would be a problem!!!

Guy
:)

slvrnblkraiders

too bad you're headed northbound... I haul boats I've purchased from Southern California up I-5 to Canadian border with my own custom keelboat trailers: tri-axle, 15,000 or 18,000 lbs gvw. brought an Ericson 35 up in October, Catalina 30's, Ericson 27, Catalina 27 and next week an Ericson 32.

keep me in mind for southbound trips - I head down once or twice a month. (would be $2 USD per mile, from Blaine, Wa)

John Davey

slvrnblkraiders,

I saw your posting and hope as a professional sailboat mover you could give me some advice.

I cant find detailed hull specifications anywhere for the Ericson 30+. I've contacted Pacific Seacraft- who took over the bankrupt Ericson business and I posted requests on the Ericson owners web site.

You always seem to have a wealth of knowledge and experience about sailboats and building things. What do you recommend for obtaining such information?
I am trying to build a trailer for and Ericson 30+ but I can't find any detail specifications on the hull to do this. I was thinking I could make some measurements with the boat hauled out. It is a three dimensional problem. I guess I could, using a level and tape measure, measure a distance out from the hull centerline and then measure the vertical distance up to the hull from the horizontal level.

What percentage of the load should be on the keel support and how do you achieve this? What about the placement of screw pad supports-- spacing along the length of the boat and distance out from the centerline of the hull?

I would appreciate any insight or suggestions you might have.

Thanks,
John