• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

UPDATE: Thelonious II Completes Hawaii Cruise, 2021.

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
The location of the day 9 (August 17) marker should be ignored. If you look at the notes for day 9, the position information was taken the day before at 12:50 pm, only an hour later than the day 8 position information.

Mike Brockman

Ericson 41
Christian is getting close to the West Coast and getting AM radio stations. From his reports.

A glass of Chianti with luncheon perhaps, it is recommended spam and pickles. On LA time now, set ship's clock ahead last night.

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Roughly 475 straight-line miles from Tuesday's position to the slip.

If I've done my math correctly, about ~140 miles made good between the Monday and Tuesday positions.

extrapolating....that means arrival maybe sometime Friday afternoon?

christian.JPG

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
^^^ okay, so the math was correct but the units are wrong.

I did that using ~475 *statute* miles, left, at (currently) ~140 *nautical* miles per day.

Corrected, It's ~405 *nautical* miles to the barn, which... maybe indicates sometime Friday late-morning, instead of afternoon. If conditions stay favorable....

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
I have a feeling he's going to slow significantly around the channel Islands. That 400 nm was an unbelievable run that I doubt will continue. We should have a pool. I predict 4 p.m. on Saturday.

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
I just saw this morning's position report. He might make it by Friday. He is flying.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
144nm made good between Tuesday position and Wednesday position

283nm to the slip

I'm still thinkin' it could be mid-day Friday...

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
114nm made good since yesterday's 9am position. 170nm to go from today's 9am position.

C'mon, breeze!!!!

Last edited:

cranky

Thelonious II has been picked up by terrestrial AIS. Seventy-six miles to go. Welcome home!

thel.png

Last edited:

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Arrived in slip 1010 p.m. last night--never mind "2210 Hours" for a while. I can't walk this morning--keep reaching for handholds. My house has very dangerous areas where you must cross unsupported, such as the living room. Boat came through well. On the whole it was a summer of unusually strong trades and big seas and low water temperatures. Bit of a challenge at times, and not nearly so meditative an experience as previously.

I learned a lot, as usual, and will contribute as time permits. There will be a full length video and specifics of breakage and means of avoidance and methods of repair.

Thanks for coming along. /Christian

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Congratulations and welcome back! Looking forward to the full account.

Lucky Dog

Member III
I hear Hasbro is developing a super hero after you.
We’ll, you are ours!

Attachments

• D34E9E03-E476-410A-9215-C7E52929CBF5.jpeg
    D34E9E03-E476-410A-9215-C7E52929CBF5.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 19