Guest viewing is limited

Vacation is near

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
This Friday or Saturday we're headed out of Seattle for the San Juans and Gulf Islands, for two weeks. We plan to stop at the famous places (Roche Harbor, Friday Harbor, Sucia Islands, Prevost Harbor on Stuart Island, Sidney BC, Bedwell Harbor), and hopefully a few isolated spots. We'll watch for you fellow Vikings, should you be out and about.

Last edited:

wurzner

Member III
Craig,

Drop me an email back channel if you want and I can share my spots with you based on a view years of cruising. If it gets beyond my geographic realm, Stuart can also share some great info.

shaun

Richard Elliott

Member III
Karen and I expect to leave Olympia on our E34 "Chandelle" on Thurs. morning, Aug. 3 with a stop likely at Port Ludlow then on to Sidney and the Gulf Islands. Into Desolation Sound about mid-August and returning about Sept. 1. We listen on CH16 and will be on the lookout for other Vikings.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Dick, that sounds like a great trip. We made it to Sidney today and will stay two nights at Port Sidney. Nice facility. We can see why the Rendezvous was held here.

On the trip up Haro Strait we received quite a thrashing from the southerly-driven waves. Peak gust was 28.

We celebrated our 2nd anniversary this evening over a pretty nice seafood meal.

We're on D if anyone wants to stop by on Monday.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Vacation is just memories

A long list of very good memories though. Our 2-week cruise was a great success. Fourteen straight days aboard, 9 at anchor and 5 in marinas. One of our coolest experiences was a 4-boat potluck at Royal Cove on Portland Island up in Canada. We were invited to join 3 very experienced cruising couples and made 6 new friends.

We saw some EY.o Ericsons, too. Mark and Vicky on Southern Cross came by Royal Cove on their way north to Desolation Sound to say Hello and let us know they saw us struggling with our first stern tie. :esad: We had hoped that strangers were our only witnesses. At Prevost on Stuart Island we saw a 36RH and another E38. We only had a chance to visit a little with the 36 captain who was from Victoria, I think. We spotted Raconteur (E32) at Rosario (Orcas Is.) and Friday Harbor.

The shot below is sunset at Prevost Harbor on Stuart Island. We were rowing back after our hike to the Turn Point Light Station. From this perspective you can't even tell the electric fresh water pressure pump has failed. (Replaced it the next day at Friday Harbor.)

PS - Hey Sean, the picture shows up in preview mode now. It's never done that before. Thanks.

Attachments

• PilotProject01PrevostHarborStuartIsland08-05-06small-reduced.JPG
    PilotProject01PrevostHarborStuartIsland08-05-06small-reduced.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 53