Vernalift (ok to mount on an angle?)

Jarod

Member III
Hi

I have a Vernalift muffler that seems to be working ok ... my only concern is that at full throttle the water still batches instead of a steady stream. The muffler is curreently flush to the inside of the hull which puts it on a pretty steep angle is this ok??? It is a bit tough to set it up on a level base due to access...any comments???

Thanks Jarod

Guy Stevens

BATCHES? Ok reminded me to eat cookies :)

The water is always going to come out of a correctly installed water lift muffler in bursts. It is the physics of how the thing works. How much of an angle are we talking about when the boat is at the dock?

Guy
:)

Jarod

Member III
Hi Guy

Thanks for the reply, I have an atomic 4 and apparently you should see a steady or steadier stream when at cruising rpm as opposed to the batching or bursts that are seen at idle. This info comes from the Moyer Marine forum. There is definately increased flow at cruising rpm but not what I would call continuous flow. I am a bit confused as I was always of the mind that this was normal as well, as every boat I have ever come across shoots it out in bursts.