Wanted: Gate Stanchion


Member II
I am looking for a gate stanchion for our E32-3. It is the piece with 2 posts that go into 2 base plates. We had one damaged in a storm recently. The one damaged was the aft portion of the gate on the starboard side, although all 4 gate stanchions appear to be the same, just mounted differently (does anybody know for sure?). Also, I am guessing they are the same part from several Ericson models.
Probably a hard part to find unless someone knows of a damaged boat or one being parted out.

Don Smith

Member II
I second Christian's comments . Several years ago I took a damaged stanchion to a weld shop that does stainless steel work to fabricate a replacement. They recommended straightening instead. They straightened it and it turned out fine.

Unrelated comment: I've found that shops that make and repair auto convertible tops also are a good place to take boat canvass for repairs. These folks in their blissful ignorance don't understand that they're supposed to double the price for boat work.

Captain Don


Member II
Had an oops docking last year. Garhauer made a new one for a very fair price and matched perfectly, except a bit shiny than the originals lol