Wanted: Help moving Ericson 27

Big Kahuna

Aloha, I need an experienced sailor to help me sail my 1976 Ericson 27 from Bridgeport, Ct to Havre de Grace, Md. Does anyone know someone qualified in this area? Moving date - May 3rd.
Thanks,
Ian Bishop

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP AND INFO! I HAVE DECIDED TO MOVE HER DOWN BY TRUCK. THE TRIP WOULD HAVE BEEN FUN, BUT TOO STRESSFUL, AND TIME CONSUMING, NOT TO MENTION HARD ON THE BOAT. I DON'T WANT TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HER BEFORE I GET TO ENJOY HER! I MUST SAY THIS WEB SITE IS FULL OF WONDERFUL PEOPLE, WHO ARE ALWAYS READY AND WILLING TO HELP! GLAD TO BE A PART OF THE "ERICSON" FAMILY!
THANKS AGAIN
IAN

Last edited:

BrianP

Member II
I have myself and a few other sailing buddies if you are sailing her there we could assist. If you are in need of trucking check with Brian in mendon ma from yacht salvage.

Ernest

Member II
Wanted, help moving 27

Ian- I have made this trip (more than once) from LI Sound to Chessie. If you want to go straight thru (no stops) you will need a crew of 4 to be comfortable. Two on deck each watch at night, and sleep caught up during daylight. After Sandy Hook, there are no inlets I would enter at night untill Atlantic City. My suggestion would be to go non stop to Cape May where there is a protected marina in the Cape May Canal. Or alternately go straight thru. You need 2 days and one night minimum to Harve de Grace. if you go nonstop. But watch the weather as once you leave NY you're stuck untill AC or longer, if there are rough conditions, as most inlets become impassable. Also did the trip twice without raising a sail (no wind) so you also need adequate fuel . If you get desperate, call me at 845 323 3109. Ernie Schlesinger

E27 Move

Ian,
I sail an E29 out of the Manasquan Inlet which is a good inlet, about 7 hrs from Sandy Hook, & at least 8 hrs from Cape May inlet which I would recommend over Atlantic City, especially if wind is blowing from NE.
You are welcome to use my dock which is about 3 miles in on the Metedeconk River if you need to break up the trip.
If you still are in need of crew, may be able to help.
Paul Huch
732-892-2436