• Untitled Document

Join us on September 27th, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the people you've met online!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

September Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wemac light bezels

ConchyDug

Member III
Has anybody found a place to purchase new original design light bezels for the Ericson? They look like this, I think OEM is Jensen-Wemac.
17258943747805535072694028672187.jpg

I was thinking about learning a 3d design platform if these aren't procurable anymore. Then just having my printer spit them out in polycarbonate.

ConchyDug

Member III
Has like 9-10 of them. I'd say like half of them fall off after a sail. They also cut the lights output in half.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Might not be original equipment. Here's what I went with:

ConchyDug

Member III
I've already changed all the bayonet style incandescent lights to LED red/white lights from Scandivik(or however it's spelled). I do like the lense texture on both of those lights. Guess it's time to download some software and make my own.

Here is a poor photo of the whole assembly.
PXL_20230703_194653409.jpg

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One factor that informs most of our present cost for upgrades or major maintenance is Inflation.
I was told when we bought our boat that it originally sold for about $90K, in 1988, and that did include a number of factory upgrades.

That amount today would be $239K, per the "US Inflation Calculator".
The current cost to replace a lot of parts and systems will not be parallel to that, but it is likely somewhat close.

We can choose to re-equip from a selection of similar parts, over a range of pricing. So at least we are not locked into spending any given (high...) price.