• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

What's in a Forum Name?

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I've even thought about canceling my account so I could create a new one with my name, but I don't want to loose all the conversations I've had over the years.
I recently noticed it is possible to change your user name with the help of our admin group. For those who are interested, under your account detail page, there's a Change button next to your username:
1683137063384.png

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I recently noticed it is possible to change your user name with the help of our admin group. For those who are interested, under your account detail page, there's a Change button next to your username:
View attachment 46941
Interesting. I'm assuming that all past postings, responses, etc are not lost but just linked to the changed name?

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Oh, so now we have to relearn who's who all over again. Nick J ?...doesn't ring a bell. :)

Slick470

Member III
Interesting thread and I definitely get Christian's point. I joined way back in 2008 before I had purchased our Ericson and it was easier for me to use the same screen name on all my sailing related forums. My screen name comes from a long standing nickname "Slick" and a type of boat that I enjoyed zipping around on a lake with friends in college.

While keeping the screen name on some of the more anonymous forums like SA still makes some sense, I've never really tried to hide who I am here and have had my name in my signature line for years. I also manage a FB group for Olson 911S and a number of people here know me from both places, so it's pretty easy to figure out who I am.

Brendon Wright

You've convinced me. I just submitted my name change to my actual name. It was "Tafarn ar y dwr" (Tavern on the water in Welsh).