where is the water pump

chip50

Member II
im refinishing my our e25 some of you know....i dont know anything about sailing and many of you have helped us out with great in fo... i have just about gutted everything inside and redone it,,,but i cant find the water pump for the sink, head etc... i have a sink and ice box, there is a faucet 1. and below the cabinet inside there are 2 cut off's like gate valve type,,,,i 'm be fuddled....pls help....and to seth, chris, and the others that have helpped me i found someone to give us sailing lessons:) thanks,,,,chip n angela:0305_alar

Emerald

Hmmm,

I think you are looking at the pump and don't know it. These would have had a hand pump at the sink - do you have a faucet that has a lever handle on the side? It's a pump not an on/off valve. If it's sat a long time, it may need to be primed.

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Last edited:

chip50

Member II
where's the water pump. reply to david

i have a regular faucet on top of the sink, it has a 4 way twist type top just like a regular faucet in a bathroom. ?:esad:

Emerald

would expect then to find a small electric pump somewhere under the galley area, but could be wrong - trace the water line from the faucet back. Do you have a breaker for the pump on your DC panel?

-David
Independence 31
Emerald

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If you are talking about a fresh water pressure pump, Ericson liked to locate them in out-of-the-way places. Presumably to reduce the noise when they were operating.
Ours was hidden (and that is the appropriate word) way back under the quarter berth against a support under there that could only be gotten at by reaching in through an access plate about 18 inches forward of it...
:rolleyes:

Some years ago I replaced that pump when I re-formatted the whole drinking water distribution layout and moved the pump location under the galley sink module.

Keep looking -- and if the old pump works at all, you will find it by tracking the source of the noise!
:)

Loren

chip50

Member II
water pump

thanks loren i believe that you are right, i have the ericson manual that i dwn loaded from the site here but it doesnt have it shown that i can see,,,it has to be way up in there somewhere....i do not have a place on the panel for it, no breaker swith,,,but i did find out that someone moved the panel from the rear of the boat to the side by the quater berth. so maybe they removed it completely.....thanks and i will look where you said....chip n angela