Why close your request thread?

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Joseph,
I am curious as to why you posted your request for used instruments and then closed the thread-in 2 locations??

Beyond that, I have a funny story about Lake Superior-since you mentioned how much fresh water-ice-was to be found there:

As most of you know, when you lose a person overboard, the procedure is to throw a life ring, MOB pole, anything and everything they might use to float...

When I recently went up to sail in the Trans-Superior race, we were discussing the MOB procedures when I was told that while the above advice holds true in most places, in Lake Superior, if you lose someone overboard, "just throw flowers"-the chances of recovering someone alive are so slim that anything else is a waste of time!!

So, whenever I hear about Lake Superior, I always think "just throw flowers"!

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Lovely...

Thanks for that word of encouragement as we start prepping our boat and our crew for our first overnight race on her. Very comforting, thanks Seth!

"So I said to myself, 'Self, do not let anyone bring flowers on board the boat... ever'"

Kidding,
Chris

Seth

Sustaining Partner
More flowers

Good on ya' Chris! I say: "leave the flowers at home, and no harm will come to you".

Have a great time racing up there-and be sure to let us know if we can help you prepare. I have done the Trans-Superior and some other races up there, and while it is cold water-it is truly beautiful up there!

What club are you sailing out of?

S