Yes, La Petite is For Sail/Sale !

Sven

Seglare
Yes, La Petite is For Sail/Sale !

We've decided to sidegrade to a scandinavian design of the stinkpot persuasion, an Albin 25. We are starting a major new project which will occupy too much of our time to allow us to leisurely sail out of Marina Del Rey, but the stresses will still dictate time on the water so we'll get a boat we "turn on" to get out.

We've run about 3000 NM under her keel since we bought her in 2003 and we've spent about 250 nights on board, either at one of the local So. Cal. islands, or in the slip. She has been absolutely wonderful to us and we've tried to be kind to her in return. She's not perfect, but she makes up for her imperfections with her beauty ... the most beautiful pocket cruiser ever designed ... and her sailing performance. She does lack a bit in the comfort department, but we're used to the 4-foot headroom, if that's what it is, sometimes it seems like 2 :)

It is ironic that we should have found La Petite on eBay as we did. The E23 was the design I drooled over when I was taking and later helping teach yacht design back at Brown. I spent endless all-nighters trying to improve upon the design, but never could. I also tried to use her as the model for the ultimate small cruising sailboat when I took the NAEBM Westlawn School of Yacht Design course, the same school where I've since been told Bruce King got his training. Alas, I didn't finish my training as I went off to explore planets instead.

In broad terms, we're offering her for $3,000.oo - Hull, rigging sails, interior accommodations.

For an additional $900.oo we'll include the 6 hp 4-stroke mercury long shaft outboard.

A friend has first right of refusal on the ST-2000 tiller-pilot which may otherwise be included for $400.00.

I'll come up with a more complete inventory list and particulars/peculiars within a week or so, as soon as I get back from an out-of-town trip.

It won't be the happiest day in our lives, far from it, but the time has come.

-Sven

Bob in Va

Member III
Regrets

Sorry to hear you are leaving us, Sven. You have been a good counter-example to those guys who talk sailing but rarely take their boats out. I will run an ad in "23 Tell-Tales" if it is OK with you. There were several inquiries about whereabouts of E23 boats for sale after the Sailing Magazine article on them came out.

Sven

Seglare
Sorry to hear you are leaving us, Sven. You have been a good counter-example to those guys who talk sailing but rarely take their boats out. I will run an ad in "23 Tell-Tales" if it is OK with you. There were several inquiries about whereabouts of E23 boats for sale after the Sailing Magazine article on them came out.

Thanks, La Petite makes it easy to want to get out so she gets the credit. If we were in a sailing area we wouldn't even consider giving her up, but you can only sail up and down the same sandy beach so many 100s of times before it gets old.

I still haven't seen your article but will get a copy. An ad would certainly be appreciated. Tonight I finally get to return home from Houston so I'll be able to actually start pulling together the blemishes, charms and inventory list.

Thanks,

-Sven