Your Worst Nightmare (besides the beer, I mean)

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Steve Dillingham sent this in - had trouble posting it - something none of us wants to see...

Came across this posted photo from a recent 2/18 post from the Hunter owner’s web site. Now I need to first explain why I was there…. As former and I want to emphasis former Hunter owner, -one of my many early learning boats. I stay in touch with the devoted from time to time or at least peek in to see what flavor of the month they have… Steve E35-3

The post was brief with the photo:

Snow not the problem
Submitted by -- of Wichita Ks on 02/18 at 06:41PM regarding General_interest.

We have lost two boats this year at the Ninnesch Sailing Assoc. out of Wichita Ks.

//sse

Attachments

• sunkatdock.jpg
    sunkatdock.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 108

Jim Baldwin

Member II
I feel sick

I don't feel so good...

How many times have you left your boat with the seacocks open? After starting and running your engine just once with the water intake closed, you might be tempted to leave it open. (Solution), hang your ignition key on the valve when you leave.

Is your automatic switch on the bilge pump working? My float switch sometime sticks open and so the pump keeps running. (Solution), simple, just switch it off when I leave? FIX IT YOU FOOL!

How are your hoses? Orignal rubber installed in 1970?

When was the last time you went down to the dock and looked at your boat? Was it early this month or was it last month? "I guess I'll just wait till it warms up a bit, then I 'll take her out." One time I found a birds nest in the folds of the mainsail cover. The birds had built their nest, layed their eggs, raised their chicks and then flew away. "How sweet... Oh well, they'll be back next year."

Jim Payton

Inactive Member
I'd say about 10' to 12' of water. Would guess about mid-tide? Oh yeah, and the dock lines are secure.

Last edited: