1977 Ericson 27 for sale

JPS27

Member III

Know of anyone looking for a well cared for Ericson 27? I'd appreciate you passing this info along. The ad lives on facebook marketplace and craigslist. Boat resides in Hampton VA (southern end of Chesapeake). Owning two boats is not part of the plan, so I need to sell this one. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2684.jpeg
    IMG_2684.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 30

JPS27

Member III
Thanks, Tom. I actually dropped the price a little. I've priced where -- and I'm guessing here -- the knowledgeable buyer will realize all I've done to the boat so they don't have to. I don't want to give it away, but I'm also trying to be realistic that most people can't "see" the improvements made that they won't have to do. In the meantime, I plan on sailing it and tinkering as if it's my forever boat. I have had some interest and visits to the boat, but no bites. People were impressed with it for sure.

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
"the knowledgeable buyer will realize all I've done to the boat so they don't have to"

"most people can't "see" the improvements made that they won't have to do"

I suspect it takes a stint of serious boat ownership to truly appreciate these points. I would have a hard time explaining to most people why I would never want to own an average/ignored '77 E27 that costs $3k, but I would be glad to own one like this for $12k.

You'll find a buyer I am sure.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I suspect it takes a stint of serious boat ownership to truly appreciate these points. I would have a hard time explaining to most people why I would never want to own an average/ignored '77 E27 that costs $3k, but I would be glad to own one like this for $12k.
I appreciate your point. Oh yes I do! If shopping for an E-27, I would pay the price in a heartbeat....

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Absolutely! paying extra for a well cared for and loved boat is well worth it. I found that one of the best places to look for used boats are Yacht clubs.

JPS27

Member III
Southpaw is sold to a knowledgeable and very pleasant buyer. I've been hunting for the next one. Send me any leads. I'm looking at the next one on my list on Saturday. Favoring Ericson, but looking at all options.