1989 Ericson 34 TAFG Cracked and Separated from Hull

TRIELLY

TRIELLY
Hi Just seeing some of the ramblings here. Not all but it is I am thinking ICE DAMAGE/ poor stewardship perhaps??

I have a 34-2 in Chicago tough winters. I am the 3rd owner 1990 hull. I had to bring the floor up to replace totally after purchase I had looked at it carefully pre purchase and also had an inspection- due to a nasty divorce in progress where 2nd owners wife got the boat- she didn't pay the storage so yard put the boat on it's cradel and canted stern 5% down near a building- well the ex husband became nasty and just came by in NOVEMBER and fully opened the companionway and the slider plus PUT rubber drain stoppers in the cockpit scuppers- a hot tub below not quite to the engine but a hot tub of water that froze solid- LUCKY no breaks which I felt was a miracle. Yes and incredibly nor breaks/breaches in the cockpit- hot tub #2 quantities of water / ICE 12'' of you can't imagine ( understating it here) This is serious weight at 8.34 lbs per gallon- 2500-3000 lbs?? Didn't measure..........

I have a wing keel- previous owners ran aground but not on rocks and took a good chip out of the wing in back all lugs and nuts aok

This is an amazing boat - 10th season ending ( Ericson 34-2 @ 34 years after delivery) as to design, structural integity and the execution of the build. It lives up to the term performance cruiser in every way.

I would buy another one in a heart beat