• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2022 NW Rendezvous date poll

Please select an option for the timing of the 2022 Ericson Pacific NW Rendezvous

• Option A: July 22-24

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Option B: August 12-14

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Option C: July 22 or Aug 12 are both good options.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Option D: I really want to attend, but neither date works.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Potential dates for the 2022 Ericson Pacific NW Rendezvous. We have once again lined up Genoa Bay (http://www.genoabaymarina.com/index.php). Once the date is confirmed we can begin planning. This is my second (first attempt) at organizing and will be leaning on others who have participated in the past. Let me know if you are interested in participating in the planning.

I have created a poll of potential dates. It will be open until the end of January. If you are planning to attend or may plan to attend please let us know the weekend that works best for you.

Option A: July 22-24
Option B: August 12-14
Option C: July 22 or Aug 12 are both good options.
Option D: I really want to attend, but neither date works.

Jamiem

Member II
We took our E39 out on our maiden cruise last summer and it was awsome! The only thing that would make 2022 better would be to raft up with a bunch of other Ericson owners. Planning is half the fun of owning a boat!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One bit of trivia to keep in mind is that August has historically be referred to in the NW as "Fogust" and this is relevant to any boats planning to transit the Straits to Barkley or up or down the coast to Oregon. Of course 'climate warming' may influence this for good or ill.
That said, in the past any date close to July 4, has run into scheduling problems at most harbors with competing tourist boating traffic, so later July is usually better.

One bit of trivia to keep in mind is that August has historically be referred to in the NW as "Fogust" and this is relevant to any boats planning to transit the Straits to Barkley or up or down the coast to Oregon. Of course 'climate warming' may influence this for good or ill.
That said, in the past any date close to July 4, has run into scheduling problems at most harbors with competing tourist boating traffic, so later July is usually better.
Interesting. We sail out of Esquimalt harbour and often see fog along the coast line across the strait especially later in the summer. Definitely fogust on the west coast near Tofino and up in Barkley Sound, but the Gulf Islands seem to be okay.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
At this point I'm hoping to attend with our 1984 E30+. However, with four adult married children and eight grandkids, life can be a bit unpredictable at times. :)
I have attended three previous Ericson rendezvous, and have enjoyed them all. It would be great to see everyone again!
And if we can only do a separate Canadian and American meeting, that would still be worthwhile.
Frank

Last edited:
At this point I'm hoping to attend with our 1984 E30+. However, with four adult married children and eight grandkids, life can be a bit unpredictable at times. :)
I have attended three previous Ericson rendezvous, and have them all. It would be great to see everyone again!
And if we can only do a separate Canadian and American meeting, that would still be worthwhile.
Frank
I am really hoping the borders are open and we can meet on the other side of the border. I have never sailed outside of Canada and every time we sail by the Turn Point lighthouse I really want to turn!

Frank Langer

Although most of our sailing trips are in the Gulf Islands or north to Desolation Sound or beyond, we have made three sailing trips through the San Juan Islands before Covid. That area is quite lovely - - Friday Harbour, Roche Harbour, Rosario Marina, Sucia Island Deer Harbour and more. :)
Frank

Although most of our sailing trips are in the Gulf Islands or north to Desolation Sound or beyond, we have made three sailing trips through the San Juan Islands before Covid. That area is quite lovely - - Friday Harbour, Roche Harbour, Rosario Marina, Sucia Island Deer Harbour and more. :)
Frank
I cant wait to explore. This may be the year. I am hopeful.

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
We are new owners of a 1989 Ericson 38-200. Just put in our vote for July dates. This sounds great! Thx for getting it started.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Found a picture of Ericson folk on their way to an earlier Rendezvous ! That might be Sean standing in the bow.......
:egrin:

Attachments

• Ancient  Ericson owners.png
    Ancient Ericson owners.png
    372.3 KB · Views: 14
Checking in. I have left multiple messages at Genoa Bay to finalize the dates, but have not heard back. I may have to take a drive out there to confirm the details. If not, we may need to look at an alternative location or go to the other side of the border for this year.

Frank Langer

That's strange. I spoke with them about a month ago prior to one of my recent sailing trips in the Gulf Islands. They said they were open for moorage, and restaurant on some days, but the wind took me in a different direction so I didn't actually get there. I wonder if they're on vacation or otherwise away for a bit.
Frank

That's strange. I spoke with them about a month ago prior to one of my recent sailing trips in the Gulf Islands. They said they were open for moorage, and restaurant on some days, but the wind took me in a different direction so I didn't actually get there. I wonder if they're on vacation or otherwise away for a bit.
Frank
Maybe. It seems to be a good time to be away. brrrr

Frank
We are confirmed. I will start a new thread with the information. Woot.