• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

30+ water pooling under fuel cell and stuffing box

Jaybee

Cocoa, FL 1984 30+
I tried asking in a different thread but no luck, not sure if it applies to other models or not, so asking for myself

20230203_170738.jpg
20230203_170742.jpg
20230203_170816.jpg

Just wanted to be sure if I leveled out the areas under the tank that it wouldn't cause any issues upstream.

Not sure how to alleviate the water pooling near the stuffing box. Theoretically it should go between the TAFG and the hull and find it's way to the bilge but it doesn't... Ideas?

Thanks.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I had a similar problem and found the cause to be 40 years of gunk getting stuck between the pan and the hull which blocked the water from draining through. I cut out the section between the shaft log and the engine pan which gave access to a drain pipe that bypassed the engine pan. It may be different on the 30+, but it looks similar from the pics you've posted. Here's a link the post where I tried to make a sketch of the configuration:

Jaybee

Cocoa, FL 1984 30+
I had a similar problem and found the cause to be 40 years of gunk getting stuck between the pan and the hull which blocked the water from draining through. I cut out the section between the shaft log and the engine pan which gave access to a drain pipe that bypassed the engine pan. It may be different on the 30+, but it looks similar from the pics you've posted. Here's a link the post where I tried to make a sketch of the configuration:

Many thanks.

Yeah, I had seen your post but wasn't sure if it applies to the 30+. It *looks* like it is but just trying to be sure.

Thanks, again, much appreciated

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
No problem. If you get a chance to take some pictures of the area below the transmission where the engine pan starts it would be really helpful for others to see the difference. I'm curious as well, especially given Ken's comments on how the 32-3 is slightly different.

Jaybee

Cocoa, FL 1984 30+
No problem. If you get a chance to take some pictures of the area below the transmission where the engine pan starts it would be really helpful for others to see the difference. I'm curious as well, especially given Ken's comments on how the 32-3 is slightly different.
20230203_170848.jpg
I'm away from home at the moment. Usually trying to plan work to accomplish while I'm out and about for work. So, this is the only shot I got like you are asking. The TAFG is solid except for the cutout below the fuel cell/ stuffing box that you can see in the previous pictures.