A thumbs up for Oceanair

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I have 6 Oceanair Portshade screens in my boat; four 26" models and two 13" models. The recoil spring mechanism in one of the large ones broke last weekend. I called Oceanair's US office in Vermont this morning to inquire about buying a replacement spring. They said they would send me one free of charge. When I said I would be willing to purchase a couple of them just in case another one broke, they said, "No problem, we'll send you two free of charge."

One phone call, problem solved.

:)

This in contrast to my trying for a week to return a guitar amp foot switch to a company in Arizona. Three emails and finally a response today, after I copied their parent company on the last email...

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Same experience here except it was with some new recessed shade models. Very good customer support.

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Good to hear. It's clear from the replacement parts they sent that somewhere in the Portshade product history they changed the type of plastic used in the spring retainer. I just hope I don't have the same problem with the other shades on my boat.

Last edited: