• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Am I the only one [active in northeastern USA]?

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Hi,
Discovery and I are currently in the Washington D.C. area and sail out of Herrington Harbor. I organized the Chesapeake Bay Ericson Club a few months ago.

I will be retiring in a few months and moving back to Massachusetts so I am researching marinas to move to. In the past, the family has sailed out of Battle Ship Cove in New Bedford which will be fine, however I am looking for options.

Any opionions?

Mark "Souleman" Soule

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Great South Bay is a little far for me. I'm looking for something within 10-15 miles of the Buzzards Bay Canal

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
No I did not, however, at one time in this site someone posted a searchable link of registrations that I looked at once. I'll have to try and dig that up again.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
I am returning Discovery to newish condition having recorded decks, installed a new energy efficient engine, replaced fuel tank and everything in the head from holding tank, to head to sea water inlet ball valve, thru hulls and sani-hose.

There is so much more to do but I figure another 10 years to do it in.

Of course, I obsessed over Merrimist (E38) which was just recently purchased, oh my!

Mark "Souleman" Soule

Thaddeus

Member II
Hi,
Discovery and I are currently in the Washington D.C. area and sail out of Herrington Harbor. I organized the Chesapeake Bay Ericson Club a few months ago.

I will be retiring in a few months and moving back to Massachusetts so I am researching marinas to move to. In the past, the family has sailed out of Battle Ship Cove in New Bedford which will be fine, however I am looking for options.

Any opionions?

Mark "Souleman" Soule
Hi. Buzzards bay northwest’s coast for harbors begins with the town of Onset at the mouth of CC Canal than Wareham , Marion, Mattapoisett, Fairhaven / New Bedford,Padanaram. Battleship Cove is in Fall River at the top of Narragansett Bay. They all have their own charm. Marinas like you see down South are not as common up in my neck of the woods. I give give you more details if you are interested. Cheers , Good luck.

wynkoop

Member III
Well Silver Maiden is on the hard for a stuffing box replacement, but perhaps when I have her floating I will start looking for a good meetup spot.

frick

Member III
Sailing on the Great South Bay, my 1971 E29

Attachments

• IMG_20200626_125800.jpg
    IMG_20200626_125800.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 6

Filkee

Sustaining Member
We are close aS the crow flies but there is that thing about taking the mast down. In Lake Champlain, I can attest to a couple of 32-3s, a 34, a 35, a 25, a 30plus and a 33, but we are just those fresh water people.

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
Hey there! Our E38 lives in Groton, CT. This season we’ve been over to Montauk, NY and Napatree Beach, RI for overnighters and a lot of Day sailing in Fisher’s Island Sound. Only three more sailing weekends before hauling out for the winter!

ChrisG

Member I
I sail out of Old Saybrook CT. I was over at Coecles Harbor last weekend, nice spot. I also participate in Offsoundings although it was cancelled this year. If a gathering is suggested I'll do my best to be there. I have the weekend of Oct 3rd open if anyone is interested in a common cruising destination.

Chris
Shearwater
E38-200 #298

frick

Member III
We have a more than a few Ericsons around Long Island.
Me I sail the Great South Bay in E29