• Untitled Document

Join us on September 27th, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the people you've met online!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

September Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Backstay Adjuster Wanted

Justin Lee

I am looking to add some type of backstay adjuster to my 1985 Ericson 32 this year. I thought I might ask if anyone has one they want to get rid of before I buy a new one? I'll consider any kind but would prefer hydraulic.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Navtec, anyone?

Funny you should ask!
:)
I have a Navtec integral backstay adjuster I would like to sell...
I was standard equipment on my '88 Olson 34. I rebuilt it when we bought the boat in '94. That rebuild was (evidently) not done well and I had it rebuilt again a few years later.
It currently, IMHO, needs a rebuild -- slight fluid leak and it loses pressure over a day's time.
I replaced it along with all the rigging this summer. I am told that as a general "rule of thumb" these can be rebuilt 5 times...

I want one b.u.c. for it ($100.). This is essentially a "core" price.
A new one is about $700. street discount price. Rebuild price runs about $125. to 150., AFAIK.

This is off a 9/32 backstay. Navtec Model # IA7-10. In the trade this is known as the "dash ten" size.
There would also be some shipping charge, since it weighs around 10 #, and would be carefully packed.

:cool:

Loren in Portland, OR
Olson 34 Far Side