bad color

Jonathan Hamann

Ericson 35, pretty well maintained. freshwater. the worst color... she's got that faded brown boot/racing stripe. what were they thinking? i would be willing to bet that that stripe was just as ugly back in '75. i like the boat but i am getting really sick of it being refered to as "seaworthy" even w/ varnish/sails/ decks cleared/ waxed/ ect. it still looks kind of like "the family Truckster" and i am sure it it just beacause of that nasty old color. what do i do? i have lots of time any not much money. any ideas besides having the whole hull professionally painted?

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
you don't need a professional painter, just time effort and determination. Or brush roller tape and sandpaper. If it is as bad as you say, then think "anything is an improvement" and go forth! I have confidence in you! Edd

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Liesure suit, sprawled in a matching brown bean-bag chair on deck. Big square framed sunglasses. Earth shoes.
Yeah. Crew Uniform.

Beanbag chair

Don't be knocking them there beanbag chairs. Had one on my boat for years. They are SO comfortable for sitting in the cockpit. They take up a lot of room below, when stored, but they are an asset of great comfort. Pun intended.

bayhoss

Member III
Gentlemen, Gentlemen, Gentlemen.... when giving when giving information on attire it is imperative that all the information be given. What would the leisure suit be without the pattern shirt equipped with a collar with points the size of a 135% genoa, folded to the outside, and unbuttoned to give a minimum of 40% chest hair exposure. Geez! who cranked up the way back machine! Pretty funny!:egrin:

Best Always,
Frank

P.S. I think there was an optional gold necklace.

Full Cleveland

In the sartorial world, what you have described is known as the Full Cleveland. It includes white patent leather shoes and a white patent leather belt The gold chain is mandatory. And a haircut like Fredo's in The Godfather.

tyrguy

Member II
Join the club

Just hang out with a whole lot of other boats from that era and and nobody will notice.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
If it's brown, flush it down. What color canvas do you have? Seen some of those brown stripe e-boats with tan or green colored canvas that look pretty sharp. Boat's with brown stripes and brown canvas can look pretty drab. If your paints in good shape, it may be cheaper to change the color of the canvas to give it some contrast.

exoduse35

Sustaining Member
HEY This is nautical question... Ditch the gold chain IT SHOULD BE PUKA BEADS OR NOTHING! Also I think a true mariner would opt for the "hippie treads"" over the white shoes, and the white belt must be of the macrame variety!:egrin:

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Boy I really sent this one off track, I should have suggested something serious like bellbottoms and platform shoes insted of joking around about leisure suits.