• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

"Blog" Observations

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
As usual I have nothing cosmic to say, but.... I do like the new way the Blog entries can be organized by Model, or type of work / general boat location) and of course by author.

At first I was uncertain, viewing it thru the old personal lens of "my stuff", but now it's much easier to find related project information. I hope that newbies figure out that there is a LOT of information that applies across all the EY models, when it comes to utilities and engines & rigging stuff.

That is all. Carry on. As you were.
:egrin:

Last edited:

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Loren, I was hoping you were going to complain about not being able to edit your comments (responses) on someone else's blog entries.
Have you had that problem?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Loren, I was hoping you were going to complain about not being able to edit your comments (responses) on someone else's blog entries.
Have you had that problem?
Hmmm.... perhaps I have not tried to do so. (?) Have you tried this and it would not allow it?
Also, my thread title might be misleading, so I shall repair it.

Last edited:

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I have tried it and couldn't figure out how to do it. It was late at night, though, and likely with an empty shot of gin by my side.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Moderators are you both. This is what my Blog comment screen looks like after posting:

Untitled.jpg

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Craig,

I think the "attachments" image persists in photo replies only if you use the box called "attach files."

If you drag a photo in, or use "Insert Image," only the picture appears.

NER Regatta braid2.JPG

Last edited:

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Craig,

I think the "attachments" image persists in photo replies only if you use the box called "attach files."

If you drag a photo in, or use "Insert Image," only the picture appears.

View attachment 33052

To be clear, I can edit my Forum posts. I can navigate the photo attach/include options in the Forum. No problems there.

When I go to someone else's Blog and post a comment, there is no "Edit" link/button once that posting has been accepted. So I can't add or edit any text of that response. I'll let Sean know about it.

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
I wrote a blog entry that was "approved" by a moderator. When I click on "post entry," it asks me to choose a category and then wants me to start entering the blog writeup/photos all over again. How can I post what I already wrote?

Also, how can I add this blog entry to my existing blog collection?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Looks to me like you inadvertently created a second "blog" for yourself. It's sort of like there are two of you!
Sean can likely weigh in with how to combine these, and what to watch out for in the future.
Loren

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I wrote a blog entry that was "approved" by a moderator. When I click on "post entry," it asks me to choose a category and then wants me to start entering the blog writeup/photos all over again. How can I post what I already wrote?

Also, how can I add this blog entry to my existing blog collection?
I'll take a look - hang on...

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Thanks Sean. I re-wrote the blog under my existing blog collection and it posted just fine. It did leave the "original" blog post under the "second me," as Loren said. I went back and just entered "deleted" for this blog title and content. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it though.

Great new platform! Can't thank you enough for all the hard work.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Thanks Sean. I re-wrote the blog under my existing blog collection and it posted just fine. It did leave the "original" blog post under the "second me," as Loren said. I went back and just entered "deleted" for this blog title and content. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it though.

Great new platform! Can't thank you enough for all the hard work.
Ha! You're too quick for me.... I blew out your other blog (we don't permit users to do it, that's why you could not find the button) so you just have the one. It is possible to create multiple blogs per author, so perhaps we'll close that rule (no one is using it anyhow) so this cannot happen again....
This is the blog I'm guessing you re-entered - looks healthy to me (nice work by the way...):

Let me know if there is something else I should be looking at - otherwise this issue is closed.

Thanks,
//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Interesting also -- we have a requirement for 5 entries before people can post without approval - since you created a new blog, it triggered that requirement - which is odd (means it's pointing to the individual blog count rather than to the User Total - which was surprising to me (as you had 9 nine already on the other side - hence the 'Blogs Author' bar by your name...

I'll fix the multiple blog issue and that should kill it. Let me know if there is any further fallout from this...

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Oh - and @footrope - the issue with editing comments/posts, etc - is that there was (as of mid/late March 2020) a time limit set on edits - I believe it's a couple of days - as we had an issue with someone going back and trying to blow out (by editing) their posts on 171 threads....including images.

Obviously, that's an issue and is prohibited by the User Agreement - so the time limit was set to prevent it as a default. Moderators should be able to edit, however.... And, if there is something you really want to edit/remove or other, please feel free to bring it up and we'll run it down one way or another... We can make you a moderator too if you like (free COVID testing!)...

:egrin:

//sse

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks for the clarification, Sean. I don't need to be a moderator. I'll let you or a moderator know if I need anything desperately in Blog Comment corrections.