Bolt(?) for engine stop lever

robrill

Member I
I pulled on my engine stop plunger for my 1986 M-18 Universal diesel engine the other day and the cable pulled loose from the fitting that attaches to the stop lever. That fitting (a bolt, screw, or something else) had corroded and disintegrated. I couldn't locate the remains and I don't recall what it looked like. Now I'm left with the end of the cable that sits loose in the center hole of the stop lever.

Whatever the part looked like, it somehow fit into the hole on the stop lever and grabbed the end of the cable. I went to the parts catalog, but I couldn't figure out what part it was, nor could the folks at Torresen Marine or their distributor. Any ideas? Could someone take a look at their engine stop lever and tell me what the part looks like (there probably isn't a lot of difference among Universal models from that timeframe). Thanks. - Rob

diamondjim

Member II
Stop Lever Part

Hi Rob,
Try this picture of my old Universal 5411, 2 cylinder which I have replaced. As you can see, the part you need is a hollow screw to accept the cable. You may try the Kubota tracter dealer for these items. I believe the M18 is a Kubota block.

Attachments

• Stop Lever.jpg
    Stop Lever.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 320