• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Brion Toss, RIP

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Friend of mine just forwarded this link.

A rigger friend and colleague of Brion's told me last year about his aggressive cancer.
Brion spoke to a large group of Ericson owners at our rendezvous in Port Townsend a few years ago.
He was a great teacher with a real love for his work.

I only spoke to him for a few minutes, but still remember his generosity and good humor.

:esad:

Slick470

Member III
Wow, I hadn't heard. Brion was a great resource for many things rigging related. Fair winds Brion.

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
I have one of his rigging videos. Along with all the terrific instruction his personality really came through. Just seemed like a great guy.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Wow - that is so sad.

Yes, he was at the 2005 NWER and gave a little talk on rigging. We were right across from his loft.... I remember I bought one of his harnesses and a set of ratcheting blocks to go up my mast.

Brion Toss NWER 2005.jpg

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I forwarded the following to his people along with the image above:

On behalf of EricsonYachts.org and our members, I would like to offer our condolences to Brion's family and friends on his passing.
We had Brion over to our 2005 Northwest Ericson Rendezvous in 2005 when we were staying in the Port Hudson Marina. He was kind enough to come over and visit with us and provide a little talk on rigging and safety. Brion set a high bar on consistent quality in his work and supporting the community in which he lived. He commanded respect and affection from those of us lucky enough to have met him, and served as an excellent teacher and mentor through his books and classes.
He will be missed.

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thank you Sean for sending that nice note on our behalf. Brion's book has been indispensable, and it is written in an engaging and quirky manner. I had Brion come down and do a rigging consult when I rebuilt my E27. It must have been a simple job for him, but he was caring and patient with my newbie questions, and offered many great tips on setting up the boat to work better. A truly wonderful human being and I treasure that memory.

Doug

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Sorry to hear this. He will be missed. He was the first rigger we hired to inspect the rigging on the Project after we got settled in with it.

Thanks for sending the note, Sean.