"Bubba Whartz" makes some new friends

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
We just delivered our boat north to Washington waters.

So, at the last minute, I brought along my copy of Morgan's book about his, um, friend Bubba.
I had three friends crewing to help me get our boat from Portland OR to Pt Angeles WA. This took six days, with a lay day in Astoria due to rough seas outside.
Second day I hear chuckling and then a good laugh from Larry. Sure enough, he's reading Bubba's adventures. This continues and soon the other guys are consuming a chapter at a time. More chortles and chuckles. (Larry is now living half of each year in Florida and sez this guy seems quite familiar! )
Good thing the guys were all courteous and did not ruin my Autographed (!) copy.

So thanks again to long-time Ericson sailor Morgan Stinemetz for relieving some of the tedium of being cooped up in a small boat.

The book: Bubba Whartz Stories by Morgan Stinemetz.
(Now this is what "reality TV" should be about!)
:rolleyes:

Regards,
Loren

Last edited:

InSync

Member II
Next stop -Maple Bay Rendezvous!

We just delivered our boat north to Washington waters.

So, at the last minute, I brought along my copy of Morgan's book about his, um, friend Bubba.
I had three friends crewing to help me get our boat from Portland OR to Pt Angeles WA. This took six days, with a lay day in Astoria due to rough seas outside.
Second day I hear chuckling and then a good laugh from Larry. Sure enough, he's reading Bubba's adventures. This continues and soon the other guys are consuming a chapter at a time. More chortles and chuckles. (Larry is now living half of each year in Florida and sez this guy seems quite familiar! )
Good thing the guys were all courteous and did not ruin my Autographed (!) copy.

So thanks again to long-time Ericson sailor Morgan Stinemetz for relieving some of the tedium of being cooped up in a small boat.

The book: Bubba Whartz Stories by Morgan Stinemetz.
(Now this is what "reality TV" should be about!)
:rolleyes:

Regards,
Loren

Glad to hear you and your crew made it up the coast safe and sound. Only a couple more stops and you'll be at Maple Bay for the rendezvous! We'll be there to greet you.