• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Chesapeake Rendezvous again?

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Anybody interested in doing another rendezvous this year like we did last year? We'd be up for another fun race to a destination (emphasis being on fun:egrin:). Maybe we could feature another model other than the 38's?
We had a BLAST with this last year!
Chris

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Not just 38's

What short memories you folks have! We were there too with our E32. :egrin:

Depending on the date we maybe able to make it too. Will you be handicapping us during the race because we have a 32?;)

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Hey Bob,
Not forgetting... that was why I suggested we emphasize a different model this year:egrin:. I think a handicap race would be fun, maybe set it up as a pursuit race?

Chris

Emerald

I'd definitely be up for this also. Need to have at least one vintage boat mixed in with all you modern looking guys

:cheers:

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
I'm looking at my calendar...

June 21-22?
July 12-13?
Aug 9-10? (not prefered)
Sept 20-21?
Oct 18-19?

Those are our open dates... do they match up with anybody else?
Chris

lbertran

Member III
Sounds Fun

The June dates look good. We missed it last year because we were still on our lower Bay cruise. See you then.

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
Escape Plan is in. June dates look good. Any thoughts on location?

Sounds like June 21-22 will be our tentative date. Doesn't matter to me where we go. I think last year's event was pretty centrally located and allowed for people from Rock Hall & Baltimore as well as us from down in Solomons. Still not positive we'll be able to make it, but I'm certainly glad to help organize nomatter:egrin:
Chris

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
So it sounds like we are all in agreement for the June 21-22 weekend. Thomas Point to Shaw Bay worked pretty well last year. We could make it to Oxford but anchorage is not so hot IMHO. Shaw bay gives us a short enough course that if there is light air we won't be suffering long and if it blows we get there fast and have more time to socialize which is what I think we all want to do anyway. Another thought is Thomas Point to Dobbins Island on the Magothy or a bouy course to finish off the West River with raftup at West River and possible dinner at Pirates Cove? Either way Dobbins, Shaw Bay, or West river offer big anchorages and TP is a good centralized meeting point to start. I can get RC again this year.

Chris you doing Gov cup or Solomons Race? I am going to try and do Solomons this year as Gov cup was a beast last year and is a logistical nightmare for me. Perhaps we could match race solomons or get some other 38's to join us?

Chris Miller

Sustaining Member
The Antim is looking for one more spot at Screwpile this year for a podium finish (we ended up 4th last year- nomatter going 16kts) so Sequoia won't be doing the Solomons race. We'll be doing Gov cup- although we're going to be doing it non-spin this year. The cruising kite at 155% just doesn't cut it.

We're going to be doing some of the double handed stuff on the bay though if we want to do some match racing:egrin:

cm

marguerite

Looking for Sister Ship Ericson 34' 1990 Vintage

Hi!
I am looking for a sister ship for an Ericson 34, 1990 vintage, (I believe that it was built by Pacific Seacraft). I have a customer in Michigan that would like a Winter Cover but I do not have the pattern. What I need to do is stand on the topsides of a rigged boat for about an hour. As a thank you, I would offer a complimentary restitch or repair to the owners' dodger or bimini. Any hint on how I could find a local boat would be great. E-mail me with any questions you may have! Thank again,

Rebecca Windsor
The Canvas Store
info@thecanvasstore.com
Phone 631-549-0970

Last edited:

Shadowfax

Member III
You can look at mine if you want to travel to Rock Hall, MD. Mine is an '88, but there is no real difference between the '88 and the '90. I believe the 90 is before the sugar scoop stern, but you should check

marguerite

New Sister Ship Request

You were all so great--now we need to find an Ericson 35 80's vintage. Same deal as before.

Please let us know if anyone can help us out. By the way-thank you all for your help!

Rebecca Windsor
info@thecanvasstore.com
631-549-0970

Emerald

Finalizing 3rd Annual Raftup Dates

Hi,

I have received the monthly call from Spinsheet for club submissions, and would like to send in an announcement for our 3rd Annual Ericson Raftup (first one was on Mill Creek and had a dinner at Cantler's as part of the mix). I just want to confirm the June 21-22 weekend as our dates. I have until March 10th to make the submission. Everyone a go on this? We can hash out destination etc. at a later time and post that in the May edition.

:cheers:

Last edited: