Coming Soon - Olson 34 For Sale

racushman

O34 - Los Angeles
I decided yesterday to accept a new job that will require me to relocate from Los Angeles to NYC. We'll be taking up residence in Manhattan, and while I could truck my Olson 34 to the east coast I don't think I'll get nearly as much use of it as I have here in California.

So I expect to be putting the boat on the market in the next couple weeks. I'll put together pictures, a comprehensive list of equipment and upgrades I've make in the last two years. When I bought the boat it was a bit of a project, and I'd now characterize it as in above average condition.

Key things I've done in the last 2 years include:
  • New 1x19 standing rigging ~$2500
  • New profurl roller furler ~$2000
  • New bare wire lifelines ~$1200
  • New house batteries with, 105amp alternator, state of charge meter ~$1000
  • New Lewmar ocean size 70 forward and 20 midships hatches ~$1200
  • PSS dripless shaft seal and cutlass bearing replaced ~$750
  • All new smoked lexan windows and ports ~$800
That's just what I can remember off the top of my head, please don't tell my wife.

I would welcome the opportunity to pass this boat on to someone in this group who might love it as much as I have. Given only 38 were made they don't come on the market often. If you are a cash buyer and seriously interested please let me know. Thinking priced to move at ~$32,500 to make it easy for both of us, with no broker involved. Please PM me if interested. I have an October 2019 survey I can share. Serious inquiries only, no tire kickers please.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Those upgrades all look like 'safety' items - my go-to when explaining boat expenses to the Admiral.
Good luck on the move and congratulations on the new job!

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Good price for a solid, fast, comfortable boat. I am sure you will sell it fast. Good luck to you on the east coast.

Imagineer

Member I
I decided yesterday to accept a new job that will require me to relocate from Los Angeles to NYC. We'll be taking up residence in Manhattan, and while I could truck my Olson 34 to the east coast I don't think I'll get nearly as much use of it as I have here in California.

So I expect to be putting the boat on the market in the next couple weeks. I'll put together pictures, a comprehensive list of equipment and upgrades I've make in the last two years. When I bought the boat it was a bit of a project, and I'd now characterize it as in above average condition.

Key things I've done in the last 2 years include:
  • New 1x19 standing rigging ~$2500
  • New profurl roller furler ~$2000
  • New bare wire lifelines ~$1200
  • New house batteries with, 105amp alternator, state of charge meter ~$1000
  • New Lewmar ocean size 70 forward and 20 midships hatches ~$1200
  • PSS dripless shaft seal and cutlass bearing replaced ~$750
  • All new smoked lexan windows and ports ~$800
That's just what I can remember off the top of my head, please don't tell my wife.

I would welcome the opportunity to pass this boat on to someone in this group who might love it as much as I have. Given only 38 were made they don't come on the market often. If you are a cash buyer and seriously interested please let me know. Thinking priced to move at ~$32,500 to make it easy for both of us, with no broker involved. Please PM me if interested. I have an October 2019 survey I can share. Serious inquiries only, no tire kickers please.

Greetings racushman,​

My name is Bruce & I've been patiently scouring the market for a handful of (otherwise rare) boats of which the Olson 34 is one. I reside in Los Angeles & am very interested in buying a (wheel steered) Olson 34. If you're contemplating selling, I'd appreciate being contacted at bwschaf@gmail.com or PM me thru this site. I'm very familiar with the design & it's history.

Looking forward to chat....Bruce

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If you're contemplating selling, I'd appreciate being contacted at bwschaf@gmail.com or PM me thru this site. I'm very familiar with the design & it's history.
Bruce,
If you click on, or hover your mouse pointer over someone's name, a dialog box appears with a clickable box to 'private' message that person.