Desperately need cushion covers!

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Who in Southern California can sew up a decent, but inexpensive, set of interior cushion covers? I need a complete set. I can supply the foam. Just can't live another day with the existing crap.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
T & A Sails (I think they are the cheapest, but only used them for sail repair)
222 West D Street
Los Angeles, CA 90744
(310) 518-2841

Pelicans Loft (They did all my interior and cockpit cushions out of Sunbrella, $800. for the 5 interior with custom piping and $200. for the 2 cockpit. New foam on all.)
307 East 22nd Street
San Pedro, CA 90731-7209
(310) 547-5489

Harbor Custom Canvas (Expensive)
733 W Anaheim St
Long Beach, CA 90813
(562) 436-7708

Last edited:

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Thanks, Jeff--I'll check them out.

It sounds like you got a good price. A couple years ago, I was quoted $200 per cushion from a place that no longer exists. I have 8 interior cushions, so that would be out of my budget right now. But I'm getting desperate--I just washed the old foam and threw the covers in the washer on delicate--they're unravelling all over the place
icon8.gif

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
People have told me that if you go inland to upholstery shops you can save a lot more. Especially if you don't tell them it's for a boat. A friend of mine with a little trailer sailor said he got good prices at some place in El Monte. I'll try to find out where. Not sure if you want to drive that far. Also try listings for Tent and Awning shops, I know they use Sunbrella, if that's what you want. I wish I had not used Sunbrella for the cockpit though. vinyl would be much better there.

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
El Monte wouldn't be a problem--I really need to save $$

I have sunbrella in the cockpit, and I like it. But I'm looking for something more homey for the interior. Not sure what, though. The original brochure for my boat showed some tacky orange plaid crap--I'm sure glad that's gone!

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Califa Auto Upholstery in Monrovia!

Here's the shop I thought was in El Monte, it's in Monrovia!

Califa Auto Upholstery
228 West Duarte Road, Monrovia
(626) 303-0011

My friend said he got 3 vinyl cushions done for $300. w/ foam for his 22 footer. I saw them, nice work. Great price!

Yeah, I had Red, White & Blue stripes on all the cushions on my 1973 boat. I remember those color schemes being popular in anticipation of the 1976 bicentennial back then. My original settee backs are red and still in great shape, amazingly. So I went with navy blue cushions with red piping trim.