• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Misc. EQ Dewalt Cordless Vac?

All other equipment not included in other categories. Please advise Admin if new category is needed after posting here.

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Anyone have one of these Dewalt DCV580 cordless canister vacs?
Screenshot_20230219-102822~2.png

I want a cordless vac for the boat and I already have 2 Dewalt batteries that fit this one, but it doesn't get great reviews.

Anyone have one and likes it? Or has a recommendation for another?

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
I have an older version of the DeWalt battery powered vacuum and it is still working after fifteen years. It drains the battery very quickly indeed but for a small job it is a great time saver over unrolling an extension cord for a regular vacuum.

I used to buy all DeWalt until about fifteen years ago when they got turned into yellow versions of Black and Decker. Subsequently they have moved back to the quality end of the market but once I had another set of batteries I was committed.

The word around the boat yard and building trade seems to be that Makita is the most reliable and is good value for money.

Gareth
Freyja E35 #241 1972

Navman

Member III
Tin kicker, as I already have Mikita tools on board the battery powered vacuum was an easy desc8sion. I especially like the compact size, making storage easier. Besides sucking up dirt, sand and debris from projects, we also use it at dusk when those spiders begin to drop out of every nook and cranny. We just suck them up and empty them out in the morning. Emptying the debris is also a straight forward task. As Tricked hat states that his wife actually asked for and got one for the house. My wife Linda also was of the same opinion after using the one on the boat for a week.easy enough, we bought one for the house also. Now wouldn’t be without it. Also comes with some different wands for cleaning in tight spaces, and for cleaning the upholstery .

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
I'm invested in the Worx ecosystem and have been very pleased with the tools, so decided to give its wet/dry vac a shot and was very pleased. Easily portable, good suction and battery life. Also takes the extensions from my previous corded wet/dry vac, which has been sent back to my house.

61rl+jFVmLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Navman

Member III
The Mikita shown in Tricked hats post is much larger. It’s more of a small shop vac. I am using the hand held version. Much smaller that that shown. I have not a really found that I need the larger version shown.