Dickinson Newport propane heater installed!

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
Well, here you all go. I did it, the Dickinson was installed last week and tested just this weekend. The actual stove installation was pretty simple once you figure out where it will fit and cut the hole in the cabin top. That is a bit nerve racking though. I figure the whole thing was approx. 9 hrs of work but 7 hrs of that was installing the propane system. The propane control unit is from Trident Marine complete with solenoid valve and one sniffer. The control panel is mounted just aft of the DC panel so wiring was simple. The sniffer is mounted on the cabinetry just forward of the nav station low to the sole. The built in propane lockers in the E38 are just barely large enough. I used a bulkhead mount regulator and had to remove one side of the bracket to make it fit. Not a huge deal. The hose passes through a vapor/liquid proof fitting. This setup should meet ABYC standards. So how's it work? Excellent! This weekend was highs in the mid-60's and lows in the 40's. Today was nasty cold and wet. The boat was toasty warm at 68*F on low. So far very happy. The wife is ecstatic. RT

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 212
  • charlienoble.jpg
    charlienoble.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 491
  • heater.jpg
    heater.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,145