Diesels for E-27

garrettguy

:oops: This posting reveals a very embarassing (as well as expensive) situation for me. I was unsuccesfull in winterizing my Westerbeke (Bukh) 10 h.p. diesel last winter resulting in a block crack and exhaust manifold crack in the engine. I removed and had a machine shop weld repair the cracks. inspected the cylinder liner, head and all internal parts, replaced all gaskets, rod bolt nuts and reassembled the engine. (no noticeable wear on internals) After reinstalling and running I was dismayed to find water entering the engine. Writing it off as an invisible block or head crack I ordered a new Westerbeke 12C-Two with Admiral panel, water separator, Tech manual and prop (12X7).
While awaiting delivery (8/31) I made some inquiries as to how to to recoop something from the Bukh. Long story short, I had a dislodged frost plug in the head. I reinstalled the plug, changed oil and filter and she runs beautifully. The Bukh is still in the boat and can be inspected/ run prior to purchase, or I have a brand new Westerbeke 12C-Two for sale and I will keep the Bukh.
Cost:
Bukh Pilot 10 Engine (1973) with Dynastart, Canister fuel filter, ZF trans (2.5:1 ahead,2.77:1 reverse, and 2 bladed propeller (Austral 12X8L), Parts, Tech and Overhaul manuals $2500.00

Westerbeke 12C-Two Engine (New 1 yr. warranty), transmission (2.05:1), Admiral Panel (tach,hour meter and gauges), water seperator, Tech and operator Manuals, new engine mounts, 1" prop flange and used 2 blade propeller (12X7R) $5450.00

Don Cutler
417-880-9676
garrettguy@aol.com

Last edited: